Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:01 am

@fuego96,

Well done! Its good for poeple to see that you can get great performance out of 3D WebGL. Now if we could only convince people that a 3D viewport is worth it! 😊
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:15 am

cjbruce wrote:@fuego96,
Well done! Its good for poeple to see that you can get great performance out of 3D WebGL. Now if we could only convince people that a 3D viewport is worth it! 😊

Thx again. You know, we'd be better off using an external editor that already has these things. Then make an exporter for C2+Q3D (or C3+Q3D if ever ported). It can even be a Blender plugin.
I don't need a better iPhone, I need to be better.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:37 pm

@fuego96

How did you design and place objects for the track? Was there a lot of trial and error?
Last edited by cjbruce on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Does anyone still have the Examples? The links from the main post appear to be broken.
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 pm

I do, but maybe @quaziGRNLnose can update the links?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:40 pm

cjbruce wrote:@fuego96
How did you design and place objects for the track?

@cjbruce
For models and textures, Blender3D.

For the colliders...
I made a (crude) keyboard-based collider-box creation, positioning/rotation tool that sent the object creation data to a server (see pic below). The server spitted out a json at the end of the editing session which I could then load in C2 to "replay" the same creation commands during game initialization.

cjbruce wrote:Was there a lot of trial and error?

Sure, of course. But the only real trial and error was that rotation bug mentioned a couple of pages ago. The rest was trivial (to me anyway).

EDIT: Here's a rather large pic as you can't see the green text if resized. Right-click and view image in a new browser tab.
Last edited by fuego96 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:56 am

@fuego96

Okay, this is officially awesome. I am blown away. :)

Any chance of making this server's API or something like it public? It halfway solves the 3D editor problem.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:17 am

cjbruce wrote:@fuego96
Okay, this is officially awesome. I am blown away. :)
Any chance of making this server's API or something like it public? It halfway solves the 3D editor problem.

Note that the rotation bug is still there though and you'd be fighting with it quite a lot. Perhaps after I release OnTrack.

EDIT: It's not a promise though, as I'm more interested in making games, not tools :-)

EDIT2: Thinking about this, unfortunately, my solution cannot be made into a general tool as object selections via mouse require raycasting to specific Q3DModels in a given project. In other words, the server-side is just half of the solution, the other half has to be in the C2 project. Might be better to come up with tutorials but that too takes time and effort.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:24 pm

tunepunk wrote:@Sirvoid I doubt it unless you can figure out a way to use a texture to control mesh vertices, but the texture has to be generated some way. Maybe doable but beyond my knowledge.

Ok but how can I control the mesh verticles ??
I don't see any ways to do that.
My Twitter:

@Sirvoidd

My Tutorial:

Multiplayer with Photon
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:56 pm

I just bought this plugin set to develop an educational project (virtual history-themed museum) and I am in need of some assistance, especially when it comes to creating and loading textured models that will actually view. I had some luck with the built-in primives but the models I create in Blender (exported to .obj or .json) don't seem to work.
I am on a small budget so I could pay a little for it, anyone interested?
B

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons