Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:23 pm

@Edelplastic Whatever email is tied to your paypal should have gotten a message giving you a link to the login page and a password. From there you'll be taken to the download page.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:13 pm

and if you have not received it yet, check your spam folder. If it is not there, send QuaziGNRLnose a message and he will resend it (happened a couple of times already as I understood from others).

Took me 2 minutes until I received the download link
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:20 pm

Thank you Guys. Now i got the Mail with the Password.
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:11 pm

why don't Scirra buy over this plugin an integrate it in C2 and build specific editor tools for it like they did with Spriter support?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:25 am

bjadams wrote:why don't Scirra buy over this plugin an integrate it in C2 and build specific editor tools for it like they did with Spriter support?

Yeah, it would be a good direction to add to the next generation of Construct (C3?) and would help differentiate itself from C2. Hopefully enough people support this project and the devs can really turn it into something special. Then Scirra may see the viability of adding 3d support, or least support for this plugin.

I still have my doubts that the average C2 user will get a good handle on 3d, as it can get a lot more involved than 2d, and you do need to know at least some vector math and principles of 3d...normals, parent/child hierarchies, local vs world space etc. And that is before actually modelling , rigging, UVíng and texturing your assets.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:14 am

Wow, that's a very impressive plugin. No doubt a lot of work has gone into it. I was considering something similar looking into both three.js and babylon.js although my direction's changed now.

What made you choose three.js over babylon.js or another 3D Javascript library?

I've just bought your plugin, but I'd be interested, do you have a roadmap of future updates?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:07 pm

Three.js seemed easier and more familiar to work with having been around longer and i liked how it was designed more. There wasn't a huge choice to make, both would have been good with different strong points. Babylon seemed to do TOO much which would maybe make construct integration harder.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:29 pm

A very good point. I think the Three.js community is great as well at continuously developing their library. When I was considering 3D javascript development, the attraction to Babylon was mainly their development into the more game related aspects of 3D game design. But these can be produced with Three of course, albeit it requires a little more work.

I look forward to exploring your plugin and will probably produce a YouTube video of it at some point in the near future.

Keep up the good work.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Yeah some tutorials from people who have their head wrapped around it would be awesome.

Ideally i'd love to learn more about

how to trigger events when 2 3D objects interact with each other
how to link 2D elements and 3D elements together
how to use some more of the built in construct behaviors with 3D objects
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:42 pm

justifun wrote:Yeah some tutorials from people who have their head wrapped around it would be awesome.

Ideally i'd love to learn more about

how to trigger events when 2 3D objects interact with each other
how to link 2D elements and 3D elements together
how to use some more of the built in construct behaviors with 3D objects

because im still adding/fixing/changing things i don't want to make too many tutorials just yet, as things can drastically change in a few updates.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons