Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:05 am

istavang wrote:
Ubivis wrote:
QuaziGNRLnose wrote:quest : how do u save as json in blender?

Don't look any further, just go here:
https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/tree ... rs/blender
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:30 pm

@tulamide you are so right
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:17 pm

@tulamide

Construct is much more accessible than any of the available 3D engines out there. The editor is fine for mocking things up in a top down or sidescroller view, and if someone really needed extensive 3D level design they could make a very simple editor.

Making something like tiny tank in vanilla three.js or even babylon would have taken longer than it took me with my plugin, and been much more annoying to prototype ideas with. Construct works really well for doing work quickly, something all other available engines do a lot worse in. Also, i made this plugin so that i could be more productive making 3D html5 content, and there's really nothing else like it around, especially not with the flexibility of constructs event system. There's a lot of engines and i don't think Q3D is trying to compete with them as it has its own specific niche. Saying that it isn't useful is the same as arguing construct isn't because you could use unity 2D. It's just so much easier to get things going than anywhere else, and i feel i can make that true for 3D aswell as i add enough features.
Last edited by QuaziGNRLnose on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Well said
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:20 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I never said it isn't useful. I said I couldn't classify it, so there you are arguing against someone else.
I don't see why building a 3D game (or a partly 3D game) would be easier in the 2D game editor C2, when you have to first program your own 3D editor, as you stated? Isn't that what other 3D engines already offer?

"making 3D html5 content, and there's really nothing else like it around"
That's not true. For example, Unreal works very well in HTML5/WebGL. Or what about this one? But I agree that Construct's event system is more accessible.

But enough of that. I said I couldn't classify it. Thanks to your answer I now can.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:26 am

@tulamide, thanks for the PlayCanvas link. Another toy to play with!
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:45 am

@QuaziGNRLnose : plug-in bought to support your work and interested in trying to make mahjong 3d and dungeon crawler ( @Ubivis ^^ )
French developper based in La Rochelle/Tours
Machines I used to play or develop games : Amstrad, Atari, Amiga, PC, PS, Xbox, mobile
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:14 am

Well Unreal Engine 4 can publish to html5 aswell. And the new Blueprintsystem(Visual Scripting System like in C & C2) is very cool and powerful. You can do 3D and 2D or mix it if you want. As an 3D (or 2D alternative) UE 4 is the better choice.

C2 is in my eye's the way to get in Game Design. Its easy to understand and still very powerful and capable of great games creation.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:42 pm

I'm currently working on collision detection and response for simple primitives, I've implemented the broad-phase using a spatial hashing scheme similar to what construct uses.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:06 am

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@tulamide
if someone really needed extensive 3D level design they could make a very simple editor.

@QuaziGNRLnose

Is this something you plan on creating as an example for us in the future?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons