Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:39 am

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@istavang

1. I made a mistake because i've been working on multiple versions of the plugin, you're correct the current public version is using r66, but the three.js version has very little to do with how the plugin works, i merely migrated to r68 since it helps compatibility.

2. The Z axis is blue in three.js, it follows the standard convention. the camera orientation may be confusing you as the axis's do not align with constructs if your camera is looking from lets say the +Y axis towards the origin.

3. what do you mean by "pin", the q3D object acts as a window to the 3D world and having multiple extra canvases added to the DIV makes no sense and wouldn't work very well. If you meant how do you attach multiple objects together, you must use the "change parent" action to lets say attach wheels to a car body or something similar, this creates an object hierarchy, you cannot use the "pin behavior", because this was designed to work with sprites and normal layout objects, you must use the parenting controls and your own custom designed logic.

4. yes i updated tiny tank to r68 when i updated the game to have high-scores and i wanted to see the stability of the new version on multiple systems.

5. Tiny Tank can and was made with the original version, I fail to see where it's misleading. All of the Action/Conditions/Expressions of the plugin are available to look at in the main post, there's no slight of hand. the workflow is complicated for novice users at the moment and i'm aiming to make it simpler. If you are having difficulty with the current version, Tiny Tank will make things even more confusing with its abstraction of certain concepts, and the fact the engine is actually built with online multiplayer half implemented. The updates are free for those who purchase/purchased the plugin even though there's a lot of work in them, so if the current version seems difficult to use you can wait for the newer one which attempts to make the workflow easier. The current version is meant to make three.js accessible through the construct event sheet, there's a lot of extra work that needs to go into making the workflow for 3D objects similar to sprites, which is what i'm currently trying to do.

6. I'm not sure what you mean by Z-index, as the objects are part of the 3D canvas and use the three.js zbuffer for ordering/rasterizing. You'll need to clarify to get a better answer.

could u please make a simple example of how to attach one json object wheel to a json object body , will be much appriciated , to see the workflow to get going further on

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:25 pm

@istavang

you need to import both objects separately, create them, use "change object parent" by making the child id that of the wheel and the parent id that of the body, and then position the wheel at the right position / rotation by playing around with the wheel position/rotation according to the local dimensions of the body. that's the process.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Everyones Open PROJECT in progress

https://gameportalen.com/FORMELQthreeD2/index.html

Updatet 02
https://gameportalen.com/demo_in_progress.capx

Everyone Feel free to download everyones learning project

Please Modify and post your version of your progress ,lets make this car do something more !

Todo:
smooth steering right left

Tools:
json preview tool
https://gameportalen.com/threex.gameeditor-master/editor/v04/index.html

Howto:

https://gameportalen.com/three.js_Skeleton_animation_Makehuman_export/Makehuman_skeleton_animation22.html

Demo track update01
Silverstone F1 track

https://gameportalen.com/SILVERNYTEST/index.html

Anyone wants the track capx just ask
Last edited by istavang on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 18 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:00 pm

hm, i bought it, but it definitely wasn't what i expected.
I thought things like Fog, Antialiasing and Set Resolution also could be applied for a 2D project and that it wasnt only for the viewport of Q3D :(
Im really, really disappointed i must admit, that i actually used money just to find out i can't use it for what i expected to use it for.
I may have missed something, in that case im sorry, but then i hope somebody can explain to me how to use it.
- Conti
"It's done when it's done"

Shadows of War
Buy on Steam ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:50 pm

@sgtConti

I don't understand how fog could work in 2D, or what anti aliasing would do in the context of 2D either. Resolution can already be controlled through constructs interface so i'm not sure what you were expecting out of a plugin meant to do 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:01 pm

To be exact i expected to be able to:
Set the Rendering Resolution in runtime.
With anti aliasing, yeah, i know, i just realised it, thats my fault.
And with Fog, i actually thought about Fog like, well, yeah, Fog.
^^ But that was never really a problem, since how i imagine it can be done with a 2D texture like i currently do.
So yes ok, to round it up, in all honesty, if i could set the rendering resolution at runtime i would be glad enough.
But that is only set for the 3D canvas and not the 2D. As far as i can tell.
Sorry that i had some false expectations (Talking about Fog and AA(I was a bit overreacting))
when i think about it afterwards, it's kind of clear that it wouldn't be like i thought it would be.
- Conti
Last edited by SgtConti on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It's done when it's done"

Shadows of War
Buy on Steam ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:04 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose sorry but 2 and a half months im waiting for tutorials updates etc.. you said from the start that you are working on the plugin in your free time and thats ok but when you sell something at least do it more professional. if someone gives you lets say 1 euro for your work it doesnt mean that because its really cheap he should wait forever for you to complete your project. your work at least from the demo should cost higher than 10 euros but the way you manage your work is an example that everyone should avoid. you sell something that is incomplete has no documentation, no tutorials (video tuts) and everyone just wait. if for example you have a ready to work polished product well explained and fully fuctional i think that you will be a lot richer. Maybe you upload an updated version in a couple of minutes and ill be really fool but for me it will not change what i wrote you. i really understand that this plugin is a hard to achieve as you want it and who am i to tell you things when i dont even know what coding is but i still believe that you should promote it smarter..

sorry for my post i dont want to be rude or something, from the start i wrote that your plugin is an evolution of c2. it is still an evolution but in the same time for me seems like a bad joke. i hope the good news come soon. and sorry for my bad english.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:23 pm

@spy84

Developing this plugin is difficult even for me as an experienced programmer. It is completely usable atm but is for intermediate users as i have always stated. All the actions are there for inspection before someone buys the plugin. Those who can use the plugin in its current state are surely using it as it is definitely stable and usable. Releasing the plugin when its feature complete would be impossible for me. There's always more to add. I simply can't work and risk over 300 hours into a project with 0 return, that's not sustainable. I'm working on the plugin, my goal right now isn't to please everyone, it's to create a quality product that is as usable as possible regardless of the time required to achieve that, I spent months working on the first iteration and i'm spending months working on the second, this is simply the development and testing process, complicated things take a lot of time, and i'm not able to make this my full time job so i'm not able to work on it full time.

It would be unprofessional for me to stop development, which is something i could easily do but aren't because i enjoy the project and think the result will be something which a lot of people can look forward to. Early adopters are helping me to reach that goal and i thank all of you, but complaining about long development times isn't going to change long development times, if i could do it any faster i obviously would as it would be the best option for everyone.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Keep up the good work @QuaziGNRLnose. Some people just have to wait to be patient. Release it when you feel you are at a good stage where you need feedback from us. Everyone who purchased it should have understood that it was a work in progress, or waited until it was complete to buy it. Its so cheap anyways, I don't understand why people are so upset.

Looking forward to playing with it some more once it develops more.
Please don't stress over people complaining about not realizing what they purchased before buying it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:35 am

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@spy84

Developing this plugin is difficult even for me as an experienced programmer. It is completely usable atm but is for intermediate users as i have always stated. All the actions are there for inspection before someone buys the plugin. Those who can use the plugin in its current state are surely using it as it is definitely stable and usable. Releasing the plugin when its feature complete would be impossible for me. There's always more to add. I simply can't work and risk over 300 hours into a project with 0 return, that's not sustainable. I'm working on the plugin, my goal right now isn't to please everyone, it's to create a quality product that is as usable as possible regardless of the time required to achieve that, I spent months working on the first iteration and i'm spending months working on the second, this is simply the development and testing process, complicated things take a lot of time, and i'm not able to make this my full time job so i'm not able to work on it full time.

It would be unprofessional for me to stop development, which is something i could easily do but aren't because i enjoy the project and think the result will be something which a lot of people can look forward to. Early adopters are helping me to reach that goal and i thank all of you, but complaining about long development times isn't going to change long development times, if i could do it any faster i obviously would as it would be the best option for everyone.

JUST Release TINY TANK CAPX
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons