Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:48 am

B
S

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:48 am

@spy84 Construct 2 may be about "Create games. Effortlessly.", but this plugin is NOT that! This is a plugin to give 3D functionality to those who understand 3D in general and wanted access to ThreeJS from Construct event systems. It does take a lot of work, and no matter how many snippets/examples/tutorials there are to copy from it will never be enough to replace the knowledge you gain by just using the plugin and teaching yourself 3D game development.

@fongka2 I don't think releasing the Tiny Tank capx will help us, that demo is so far advanced from the concepts needed to start that it would probably make people even more confused (Quazi is really good at math :P)
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:43 am

- Easy loading of 3D models in .obj, and three.js JSON format

Does this mean they can be loaded at runtime as well? Lets say if I use Node-Webkit and I could have folder for the objects and load them from there?

Also do you have any plans to put this plugin to Scirra store? I don't have PayPal.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:50 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose sorry if i was rude or something like that, keep working on it the only think i said is that everything has documentation from the win95 games like solitairy to high advanced programs. i dont get why not your plugin? and i dont get many of you said.."you dont know from the first time what you bought so why are you are talking like that??" why should i know? its a plugin that gives me the oportunity to load 3d objects in c2. why should it be so difficult? the only think i want to do with this plugin is to add 3d objects in the backround of a side scroller with parallax effect instead of animated images from blender. if this is the most difficult thing in the world to upload it with a course/tutorial then ok im wrong idont know 3d i dont know three.js i dont know spanish or german languages either. many of you who understand the plugin why dont you make some basic tutorials with uv mapping camera settings how to load an object to c2 and other basic stuff so leave time to QuaziGNRLnose work more focused in his plugin?just saying...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:43 pm

spy84 wrote:@QuaziGNRLnose sorry if i was rude or something like that, keep working on it the only think i said is that everything has documentation from the win95 games like solitairy to high advanced programs. i dont get why not your plugin? and i dont get many of you said.."you dont know from the first time what you bought so why are you are talking like that??" why should i know? its a plugin that gives me the oportunity to load 3d objects in c2. why should it be so difficult? the only think i want to do with this plugin is to add 3d objects in the backround of a side scroller with parallax effect instead of animated images from blender. if this is the most difficult thing in the world to upload it with a course/tutorial then ok im wrong idont know 3d i dont know three.js i dont know spanish or german languages either. many of you who understand the plugin why dont you make some basic tutorials with uv mapping camera settings how to load an object to c2 and other basic stuff so leave time to QuaziGNRLnose work more focused in his plugin?just saying...

@spy84

Maybe everyones project helps you out , this is pretty new tech so everybody must learn the not so easy way, for now , if you want color blender objects , you must use the json three.js exporter in blender.

and load it as in everyones project capx , on my post page 41 :)

PS Its case sensetive , so everything names/folders , and eg. uppercase letters must be 100% correct for getting it to work , advice inspect your blender.js in eg. notepad++ to confirm img.names etc.
https://gameportalen.com/threex.gameeditor-master/editor/v04/index.html
you can preview your blender.js here drag and drop
Last edited by istavang on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:12 pm

@spy84

There actually is an example for object loading on the main post! It's been there for quite a long time. If you require more assistance feel free to ask questions here, as you can see i check quite often and try to offer up advice when i can. There are only 3 simple examples but they do cover basics of various features. The rest can be figured out from the description text which i wrote for every action/condition/expression/action parameter, be sure to read that text!!!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi QuaziGNRLnose,
im realy interested in this but i dont have any experience in 3D, what do you think how hard it would be for me to achieve something with that plugin? Or do you think i should first get some experience in 3D with something else and then start to learn about this plugin?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:24 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

How do I toggle on off lights
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:28 am

istavang wrote:@QuaziGNRLnose

How do I toggle on off lights

you change the intensity of the lights, and set intensity to 0 to turn them off. You can create and destroy lights too, but this is not recommended during runtime because they need to be rebuilt into the material shaders. Lighting is very complicated in games.

@fldr

It depends what you mean. With no experience it'd be difficult to make a fully 3D game that looks/plays like Tiny Tank, making a 3D game is much more complicated than a 2D game, and making 3D graphics also has a steep learning curve.

Let me know what uses you have in mind. If your interest lies in curiosity and simply playing around with new tools it's definitely something that anyone could toy with regardless of their skill level, just don't expect to be making a game until you really get a grasp of what you're doing and how the plugin works. I've provided simple examples for those who got the plugin that outline loading models and setting up a simple scene. Look at the actions/conditions/expressions and make your decision on how difficult those seem. Feel free to ask me any questions as ill be happy to answer.

With that said, the plugin might still be useful if you wish to make 3D backgrounds, menus etc. It's definitely one of the easiest ways to implement 3D stuff into a webpage, i made it and am working on it so that i could more quickly work on 3D stuff through construct, but it's not EASY, i recommend that you could comftorably call yourself an intermediate construct user before using it in its current state. I'm working on updates so that loading models and doing 3D collision testing is more intuitive, but those aren't out yet.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:57 am

Thanks for your reply!
i have so many things in mind what i could or would like to do, a "simple" doomlike first person shooter for instance

from the screenshots it looks very complicated to me, do you know how many actions you have in there? :D
but i think i will try it anyway when i have some sparetime!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons