Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:18 pm

I've made an alternative plugin icon (the default is too standard and it confuses me)
http://www.risingpixel.com/other/Q3DPluginIcon.ico

EDIT: preview
Luca ConTato [RisingPixel]
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:35 pm

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:
istavang wrote:@QuaziGNRLnose

How do I toggle on off lights

you change the intensity of the lights, and set intensity to 0 to turn them off. You can create and destroy lights too, but this is not recommended during runtime because they need to be rebuilt into the material shaders. Lighting is very complicated in games.

@QuaziGNRLnose

1 Ok , and how do I eg. do that ? can we set an id to the "name" light object ?
Or how do we set an id to the current light object ?
2 and how do we set light from position ?
3 and how to set the ambient light intensity ?
Last edited by istavang on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:35 am

@istavang

Try to format your quotes better or just use an @ instead of quoting such a huge block, its confusing when your questions are placed inside a quote i made.

Manipulating lights works exactly the same as for any other object, they use object id's, and have a name, their are actions to set the light specific properties and you use the same actions used to manipulate object position/scale/rotation etc to manipulate lights, just passing a light id instead.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

yes ..sorry about that ..

Maybe we should have an example on how to properly use : load /create normalMap and specMap, dispMap on obj and json
and some info. on diffrents between nomalmap vs Lightmap vs bumpmap , its a little unclear ...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:26 am

tatogame wrote:I've made an alternative plugin icon (the default is too standard and it confuses me)
http://www.risingpixel.com/other/Q3DPluginIcon.ico

EDIT: preview

@tatogame, @QuaziGNRLnose,

[design rant]

not to argue, but i think the icon is anything 'but' standard.

it is a beautiful example of iconology, where 'q3d' is visually referenced in a subtle but very powerful way. i am sure that it took some time to conceive and design it. the fact that it appears simple or 'standard' is a testament to the design. there is a lot being said in a very minimal way.

excuse my design rant. i truly love examples of well thought out design that stem from simplicity.

mr. ives would be proud...lol.

[/design rant]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:29 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

add : Everyones PROJECT IN PROGRESS

https://gameportalen.com/FORMELQthreeD/index.html

how can we prevent the tires turning on wrong axis after using the forward car function

on using the arrows before doing anything they turn correct on axis ?

any advice on how to set the wheels to looks towards a little distence in front of cars and let the car follow that point when turning , are welcome , "some lines of expression code "is awsome , or u can modify the capx , its better , as an alternativ to tiny tank for learning purpose to all who wants to know the essentils uses
and to get more people intrested in the plugin , seems they are falling of...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:53 pm

You can change the rotation order with an action so that the wheels pitches/rolls/yaws in the right way, as for which order to choose is correct it all depends on how you've set things up and want them to be. You have to rotate around your yaw axis to make the front wheels turn, based on input from the user, there's no complicated expressions involved.

I'm getting tired of explaining this but tiny tank would not be useful to you, the logic is complicated and you need an understanding of how to program a physics engine to understand the code, those here asking for it would very likely not be able to understand it. Q3D is not a game engine, it's a way of displaying 3D graphics for your construct games, with most of the basic tools necessary for doing that. game engines take a lot of time to develop and slowly the plugin will gain some features in them but it is first and foremost NOT a game engine, its a construct plugin meant to achieve the specific goal of displaying 3D graphics coded in construct events, and for that it is very useful.

Adding "PROJECT IN PROGRESS" is wrong, the current version is most feature complete and bug free, I'm expanding on the plugin, which is why i have had "New features will be added incrementally" since the beginning.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:41 pm

well we are not all novoice , i am certain it would be useful for me at least , i may not understand everything , but if a code work u dont allways need to understand the full depth of it , and we dont learn more whitout new challanges so thats my opinion . u can pm me and i am sure i will find some usefull stuff if u may , i shall keep it for my self and only use some code if I may ?

coz I want to apply physics suspentions on the wheels .
Last edited by istavang on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:42 pm

something wrong on this domain today
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:26 am

it works great!
B

PreviousNext