Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:14 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

Hello, is this version any noob friendly, shall i buy it?

:-)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:49 pm

The plugin is much more accessible now, anyone should be easily capable of getting something 3D up and running :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:36 am

@QuaziGNRLnose
So I decided to check out the plugin. Pretty awesome!
I'm having a problem with lights though...where do you set the position of a directional light? To test it out, I'm just editing values from your 2D physics example. Changing the target x,y and z of the "directional light creation" action doesn't seem to do anything, but the second action to set its position seems to set the direction of the light. Turning on the debug for the light seems to confirm this. I'm guessing that idLast refers to the target node of the light and not the actual light itself?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:04 am

directional lights have a target that you can move around and a position. the position moves around the "light" but it always casts towards the target.

the .idlast stuff is the old picking system thats currently still used for lights. Im in the process of deprecating that system with subsequent updates but you shouldn't be creating many lights often (its slow) so its not too much of an annoyance for now. you use idLast to pick the last created object, be it a light usually, and then the plugin finds that object living in the scene by the unique id and allows you to effect it with actions in Q3DMaster. It's a low level system but it was simple to implement so its what i rolled out first to get Q3D up and running. Eventually there'll be a plugin similar to the stuff for model and point but for lights.

EDIT: looks like you found a bug that was hiding when i changed three.js version, fixed in next build im gonna release, target needed an update which i didn't realize.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:21 am

Q3D v2 is looking seriously awesome. Love the trippy new fps demo. :)

Anyway, I have to go to bed.

And not dream about disembodied floating heads in space.

Oh well.

At least I can fling magic balls at them and make them flash. 8-)
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:02 am

Great to see it updated! Can't wait to test it out!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:09 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

I am beginning to dissect your fps controller example and start from scratch to understand the concept. I have my camera looking around with the mouse, and I am moving the camera in the 3d space with the WASD keys, however everything is working as planned, I still cannot grasp one concept, and that is the fps controller example acts like a spectator, how do you go about not letting the camera move up and down in height whenever you look up in 3d space and move forward the cameras height location changes?

I think it has something to do with setting the players position on the Y axis, but not quite sure.

Thank you!
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:46 pm

in that case you need to do some trig with the yaw angle to move only in the plane of choice, you could also make something top down in the editor, and use a behavior to move around in the x-y plane, but you'd need to change the way the camera controls/rotates from the example posted since it assumes that the y axis is the cameras up/down instead of the z axis which you'd use for a player in the x-y plane.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:01 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose
Do you have some top/down example?
Like RTS?

tnx!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:09 pm

not yet, however the physics example is very similar in that its a side scrolling example, where a top down would just have the camera oriented differently.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons