Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:28 am

@QuaziGNRLnose, I tried to include a pause button, which when clicked sets the timescale to 0. But there seems to be no effect on the Q3D system everytick events...

I tried getting around this by adding one more condition - System Everytick + Not paused state --> Then only animate...
But when resumed, the animation seems to continue from a different position and not from the position where it paused...Is there anyway to link up the system time scale with Q3D events?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:37 am

@kmsravindra

1) no actions with any object ever work with timescale and everytick / tickcount, it's not meant to, you need to use delta time values in your expressions.
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/67/del ... dependence

2) theres multiple ways depending on what you're trying to achieve. See the (parenting actions example) you can place objects so that they rotate/scale/position/destroy with other objects ( they wont pick with it however, you need containers for that), you could also simply set position to another objects world coordinates.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks ! I was able to accomplish what I wanted.

A question about shadows - Lets say the light falls on a "Phong" material object1. Now if another "Phong" material object2 comes in between the light source and object1, then does the shadow of Object2 fall on Object1 and vice-versa? When I created this scenario in a static mode that had all the 3 objects in line, then I don't see this happening... Do I need to do anything extra to make this happen? I am trying to create a Lunar/Solar eclipse scenario. Thanks for your help!

Edit - I have tried all the Q3D plugin system - shadows/auto update shadows; I even tried Light [Shadows] conditions as well...But nothing seems to be working.

Probable bug - When I set the Camera to Orthogonal for Q3D in C2 properties panel, then changing the the x-position and z-position of the camera seems to have the same effect. Not sure if this is a bug or intended functionality....
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:44 pm

@kmsravindra

you need to set the recieve shadow property on them, and adjust the shadow map frustrum, turn on the debug for an idea. theres always caveats because the shadow mapping immitates real world behaviour to be fast but isnt raytracing anything.

the ortho stuff isn't a bug, you're not understanding that an orthographic camera by definition wont have any observed effect if moved along the axis of "depth". its not only intended, its the only way an orthographic camera can work, or else it'd be perspective.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:57 am

@QuaziGNRLnose, Thanks for the response. I will try those.

Reg Ortho stuff, .When I translate the camera's position on either the x - axis slider or z-axis slider - both are doing the same thing...I thought changing z should work like a zoom in...My experience on 3D comes mainly from Blender 3D tool and thats how the ortho and perspective cameras work there...If threejs works this way then sorry my understanding was not correct in threejs world.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:47 am

you need to adjust the camera frustum width/height to change the "zoom", i'll add a change zoom feature though so its easier.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:07 am

Almost have morph target animations up and running for next release, here a new demo of them in action using some quake assets :

Morph animation demo
Last edited by QuaziGNRLnose on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:22 am

@QuaziGNRLnose
Somethings wrong there.... in FF

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/169 ... B/demo.jpg
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:08 pm

looks like a similar bug FF/IE have with the position "Inside" mode using videototexture, ill re-upload with "infront" so it works on modern browsers properly. the white textures are a problem FF has with loading in assets, you'll need to refresh a couple of times to get rid of them.

Thanks for the report though, i'll see if i can find a work around to the implementation issues FF has with webgl... In general chrome / nodewebkit is the browser that this plugin is doing it's best to support, since the others aren't really as good at keeping up with the standards required, they'll get better with time however.

HOWEVER you did help me find a nice little bug with the loader that parses sprite-sheets, so i fixed that for next version.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons