Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:12 am

Currently working on a 3D physics behavior for Q3D :)

should be the next big feature available in the next update
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:11 am

Nice news.

By the way, would you mind to support minification in this awesome plugin?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:25 am

Interesting plugin.

Is it possible to add 3D objects to a 2D canvas as well? Or is there any similar plugin that does that?
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:24 pm

@tunepunk

Not sure what you mean by 2D canvas. Do you mean Canvas2D instead of webGL ? Performance would be too poor, why do you even want this with the widespread current adoption of webGL across all browsers?

@joannesalfa

The fact Q3D is heavily reliant on external libraries, and has to share code between plugins / global namespace makes supporting minification using ADVANCED_OPTIMIZATIONS very hard and very annoying. Once you export the project you could probably run the code through a less destructive minifier on your own if its REALLY that important to you. It's not a question of me minding to do it, it's just very difficult.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Let me explain. I would like to put 3D sprites on a 2D background. Or have this plugin as a layer and any area not containing 3D graphics you would see the 2D graphics in the background.

For example: My background layer is a pre-rendered static monopoly-like board, on one layer, On top of this layer i would like to use some 3D elements moving around on this backgound. Is that doable with this plugin?

Example 2: My game level is made in 2D isometric but the characters in the game i would like to be real 3D.

So all in all. Is this plugin "see-through" so you can see graphics behind this layer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq_pPh9HCrw#t=275
Commandos 2: Characters are realtime 3D but background is pre-rendered 3D
Doable?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:59 pm

@tunepunk

Yea, layered 2D and 3D like that is doable, theres even a Q3D sprite for zbufferred layering. You can make the 3D layer have "holes" too, or a transparent background, or place it below the 2D construct layer.

For a chessboard itd be better to just go full 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Thanks! That's what i needed to know. The game I'm working on would benefit a lot from that. Instead of having to pre-render all the Character and sprite animations in many many angles. I guess i have to try it out. Does the Q3D camera have properties to change the angle of view, or even make it isometric?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:42 pm

@tunepunk

You have full 3D control of everything, you can also switch camera mode between orthographic and perspective. only morphtarget animation is currently supported but skeletal support is on the way too.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:42 am

When this Plugin get a detailed Tutorial? Your Demos and CAPX Files are not very helpful.

Not all Construct 2 Behaviors (specially Platform) do work in your Plugin..... for what we need a 3D Plugin, if no one know how to use it..?
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:54 am

@Edelplastic

More tutorials will come when the plugin is sufficiently developed that major changes wont occur, or else they'll become obsolete quickly as new important features appear. Right now anyone experienced enough with construct and 3D can easily use the plugin for many uses, so it's not that it's lacking features.

There's really not that much for me to "teach", and the examples explain everything that isn't part of standard 3D workflow. Platform behavior works with the plugin, but it's only in 2D, because the standard behaviors are programmed to work in 2D they can't be expected to magically map into the third dimension, this isn't how programming works. Instead of asking rhetorical questions, why don't you ask how to achieve particular results you wish to achieve instead? I'd be happy to help. I can't answer everyones questions through a simple tutorial anyway. A lot of 3D games are already possible and the 3D physics behavior im working on will make many more projects much simpler.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons