Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:52 am

@UnixRoot, thanks for your suggestions, but as I said, I've already tried both. Neither has any effect.

EDIT: I checked my video card settings and nothing is set to override filtering.

EDIT 2: Tested on my laptop (completely different hardware), and it does the same thing. Test project is here if anyone can see what I'm doing wrong :(
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:11 pm

Strange, it does the same thing on my machine. But my project is working perfect with the same settings.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:24 pm

hey UnixRoot your picture looks nice :D the flying character
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:08 pm

@unixroot

Right now im implementing oimo.js, eventually i want ammo.js but the emscripten port was bugging out on me when i tried it, and in general it generates a ton of garbage compared to oimo, making the framerate choppy. I'd say my oimo plugin is about 60% complete so far.

How should i implement quats ? I left them out thinking people would combine axial rotations instead. I guess i'll make an action/expression to set/get quat (x,y,z,w).

@geometrix

Filtering should change with the project settings for textures, but scaling the canvas/making it low res will only be guaranteed point sampling if you use inside mode, most browsers force linear sampling on canvas resize. Ill try your test asap. Are you using the latest Q3D? It wasnt working right in older versions.

EDIT: tried your file, the problem is that you're using model-materials, so the texture settings are ignored. You can fix it by simply importing the textures through construct (this is recommended anyway since it'll allow for animated textures, changing the material type, etc.) I'll be sure to add some method of changing imported model textures though, or at least make their filtering match the project settings. It slipped by me.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:35 pm

Awesome, thanks @QuaziGNRLnose. I must've missed the inclusion of proper textures using the animation editor; I thought the preferred method was with model materials. It's working perfectly now!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:40 pm

@geometrix

Yea be sure to look carefully at the examples! There's a lot of useful features that are a bit hidden away because i didn't do proper docs yet.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Heres a demo of the physics for those who are interested :

3D Physics Demo using Oimo.js plugin
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:56 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

Pretty cool demo!

I cant seem to get the bullet behavior working with Q3D sprites. Is it even possible to use the bullet behavior on them?

And also, for me to use the raycast, it seems I have to have a model present on an object in order for that to work. I tried using an object with model set to no, and raycast does not catch it, is this intentional?
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:27 pm

It should work. Dunno why it isnt. Not home atm so i cant test why.

Yea you need a model, raycast wasnt meant to pick colliders. You can mimic the behaviour with colliders if you have to by using a Q3DModel with a collider of a long thin box as a fake ray.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:28 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

I cant get it to work for some strange reason.

And okay, I just created a box model and set it to invisible for detection, it seems to be working fine
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons