Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:37 am

Thanks for your reply, about the text, well, that's shame however separated letters may be OK.

About advanced x stuff, I have a question, when a 3D model as car contains some parts like wheels, door and glass were separated for selection. Is possible to apply different material or texture to separated parts in one 3d model?

Heh, I guessed these extensions look not flexible, I would like to answer your question about the features interest me:

Spotlight:
http://jeromeetienne.github.io/threex.v ... basic.html

Video texture:
http://jeromeetienne.github.io/threex.v ... xture.html

Grass:
http://jeromeetienne.github.io/threex.g ... /demo.html
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:43 am

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:1. By default Q3D shares textures per object type (i.e. If you have a q3dmodel called object1 in construct, all object1 instances share the texture in gpu memory, but if you also have object2 with the same texture, its instatiate in memory. If you really need to share textures in gpu memory, q3dmaster has texture creation actions, and q3dmodel has a special "use texture from q3dmaster" action in advanced x stuff all the way at the bottom of the add action list.

2. You can use lightmaps with primary uvs to have two seperate "diffuse map" channels. You will definitely be able to do it with some colour replace shader when shaders are working properly, but itd require copying the existing phong/basic/lambert shaders first.

Thanks for reply! It's much more clear for me now. Can't wait for shaders and bone animations!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 pm

@Joannesalfa

you can already make the grass and spotlight using Q3D, the spotlight is just a transparent model added to the light, possibly with an alpha map diffuse texture. The grass is well, just textured geometry on the terrain model. These are very project specific effects and i'd think making themselves would be the best way to get them to look the way you want

I'll see about video textures, but its not high in my priorities right now.

You can't use model materials and the "advanced x stuff" setting, it doesn't work because "model materials" are optimized to all share the same textures/geometry/materials on the gpu. it's a lot more complicated than it seems behind the scenes! I suggest you break up your model into parts anyway, cause having stuff you need to change dynamically its much easier to select/pick using constructs event system, and the plugin is optimized for doing things this way. I'll have to find a way to allow modification of the model materials, but it'll be slow and break optimizations.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Ok, good, besides to advanced x stuff, do you suggest I should use separated models to load such as glass.obj, wheels.obj and chasis.obj instead of fullcar.obj?

I have a problem about creating Q3D models that won't apply textures, I found a workaround to copy your object from examples, I stil don't understand what's the cause of problem. Enclosed a .capx includes .obj and texture.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... oblem.capx

Other thing, I've used three.js exporter addon https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/tree ... rs/blender in my blender and exported as .json, I tried to load 3D model but i got javascript error due to length, besides I renamed from .json to .js, i got same error. Do you know how to fix it?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:16 pm

@Joannesalfa, you need to set your animation name in the model to "DiffuseMap". I had the same problem the other day - I didn't realise the requirement.

On that note, QuaziGNRLnose, could you please set the default animation name to "DiffuseMap" when creating a new Q3DModel? I know it's a minor thing, but if it's possible, it'd be appreciated alongside the next update.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:16 pm

GeometriX wrote:@Joannesalfa, you need to set your animation name in the model to "DiffuseMap". I had the same problem the other day - I didn't realise the requirement.

On that note, QuaziGNRLnose, could you please set the default animation name to "DiffuseMap" when creating a new Q3DModel? I know it's a minor thing, but if it's possible, it'd be appreciated alongside the next update.

Its not possible with the c2 sdk afaik.

In anycase, you dont always want a diffusemap!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 pm

@joanesalfa

you need to use the old exporter from three.js r-69.

r-70 is a new version which Q3D doesn't use atm, because of various bugs. (r-69 is more stable)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:01 am

@GeometriX Got it, it worked, thanks!

@QuaziGNRLnose I will try r69, there a missing question that you didn't answer:

Do you suggest I should use separated models to load such as glass.obj, wheels.obj and chasis.obj instead of fullcar.obj to apply different materials and Is there an easy way to pin togheter (if we get XYZ coordinates from 3D editor) when 3 models are loaded in runtime?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:14 am

@joannesalfa

It depends what you want to do. Yea you can position using parent/child actions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:57 am

Help Please

I Have import a animation model from poser to blender ( DAE File With Bones and Animation )
And export Model and Animation with io_Three Plugin ( Json )

Model and Textures Load fine in Q3D but Animation Not Works ?

1. Animation Sets Not Work from Poser ?.
2. i create new actions in blender.

Thanks
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons