Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:09 pm

@slice

Currently only morph animations are supported, so youll have to convert the anims. Im in progress of implementing skeletal animation but obviously there are difficulties as it is complex. Its high on my priorities list, and should appear in subsequent updates.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:26 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

If export morph animation from io_three, with embed animation, and action set from blender, not play again with morph animation ?
( 30 Frames Animation )
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:56 pm

@slice

i'm sorry i don't understand your question. I'll attempt to answer it anyway but it seems your question was messed up in translation

You need to use the behavior "morph animation controller" on your model, if you wish to playback morph animations. See the downloadable example on the first post for details. The animations in the file need to be renamed. Animation support in three.js is still a bit tricky so the process isn't as streamlined as it should be.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:17 pm

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:@slice

i'm sorry i don't understand your question. I'll attempt to answer it anyway but it seems your question was messed up in translation

You need to use the behavior "morph animation controller" on your model, if you wish to playback morph animations. See the downloadable example on the first post for details. The animations in the file need to be renamed. Animation support in three.js is still a bit tricky so the process isn't as streamlined as it should be.

I Have use morph animation controller.
js or json file ? I have export the object to json file in io_three

I'll wait skeletal animation, morph animation is it is very difficult to export.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:21 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

Quick question, sorry if this was asked but there's a lot of pages and search was not helpful.

Did you thought about adding a Q3DCamera object? Nothing fancy, just a helper/icon to better visualize position and rotation of the camera.

Great plugin btw, been playing with it for two days only but there's a huge potential in it, well done sir!

EDIT: One more question. Displaying plain 2d text in 3d space? Maybe something like 3d SpriteFont?
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:17 pm

@shinkan

Its not high on the priority list, but perhaps eventually. The issue is that you need a camera to start with, but i cant force c2 to create a default camera object. Its again a c2 sdk limitation and having that object might make things extra confusing. Its trivial enough to position the camera to a q3d point for now using events.

As for the text thing, you could do it using models/animations + events. I have a lot of other features with much higher priority like physics/skeletal/particle support to work on, but the suggestion is definitely not a bad one, its just not something that i have time to put towards atm.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Understood! Thanks.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:26 am

I'm trying to create an experiment about DOOM with Q3D, about Sprites 3D have no collision, I was thinking I can use invisible 3D model to pin over 3D sprite to act as collision helper, besides we may use 4 collision for each parts in following: head, arms, torso and legs, imagine a shotgun shoots over enemy legs that can be ripped and unable to walk, is possible?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:02 pm

@joannesalfa

Yes, using an invisible model is the recommend way to do it.

You can make the sprite and model part of a container.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:00 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

How i do a object follow another ? if hero object collision a zone ?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons