Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:11 am

@gamecorpstudio
@alexandrell77a

Your kind words are very appreciated! seeing stuff like this puts a smile on my face, and especially seeing people sign up on the forum only to post in my thread :P, it makes me feel really proud of my work. I put a lot of work into Q3D because it's a learning experience for me and nice way to help me through university. I tried to price it as fairly as possible, and in an ideal world where i had infinite free time it'd be free, as it's really something I work on for fun too. 3D in construct / html5 is something i wanted to make easy and fun for people, and even though Q3D isn't at a point where it can be considered a feature complete game engine i feel it's getting close (it'll be pretty much there with physics & bones). You can really do a lot with the current system, and the performance it gets out of a web app surprises even me. I know there's a lot of people out there who've bought the plugin and are probably having a great time using it, even if they aren't the vocal majority posting to this thread. I really try to cover all bases and think of every use case when i design the plugin, and this has made it grown into quite a beast today (It's tens of thousands of lines combined in all the behaviours+plugins :P). I feel bad that documentation is lacking right now especially because of all those features i've put in that nobody realizes are there / or understands how to fully use, but it'll be the next thing I work on after bones & physics. Again thank you for buying the plugin and being patient with the development! And if there are minor feature requests people have I do my best to meet their needs (within whats feasible for me as the sole developer of this plugin).

Also if anyone's interested, I'm co-developer of the roguelike platformer TowerClimb made in Construct Classic, kind of a shameless plug but it's some of my earlier work :).
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:15 pm

Do q3d sprites support lighting/materials stuff?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:38 pm

QuaziGNRLnose wrote:......... TowerClimb made in Construct Classic, kind of a shameless plug but it's some of my earlier work :).

that game is dope :D .. the website needs a new style, gives me spook's :))
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Another question: how can I drag'n'drop a q3d object in-game correctly?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:54 pm

@android-music

Q3d sprites dont support lightjng as theyre meant to be highly optimized, but nothings stopping you from using a q3d model with a normal map + diffuse map on a plane to do the same thing.

For 3d drag and drop you need to do linear algebra with mouse coords projected onto some mathematical plane in 3d space.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Erghm now I have even more questions...

Okay let's start with two - is it possible to animate a texture on a q3d model? Example?

What kind of linear algebra - can you provide an example or at least a basic formula?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:11 am

http://geomalgorithms.com/a05-_intersect-1.html

vector stuff like this, you'd need to cast a normalized ray from screen-space etc. Knowing this kind of basic stuff is pretty essential for 3D work.

Yes you animate/apply textures using the same operation, simply by using an animation called "DiffuseMap" with multiple frames on a Q3Dmodel with UV maps
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:51 am

Great, now animation stuff is kinda clear to me, thanks!

But I can't get how that intersection stuff can be applied in Q3D, most of its stuff like operators or expressions or other stuff are still unknown to me(shrugs). Is there any info on that? I'm pretty sure a .capx example would not hurt ;-)

Thanks for the article, I'll be sure to try it somewhere else as well!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:25 am

Android-Music wrote:Another question: how can I drag'n'drop a q3d object in-game correctly?

for the drag and drop you need to cast a q3draycaster taht shows u the mouse X ,y Z in the 3d world, then u take those coordonates and set the position of the object cliked and dragged. u can get exactly that drag and drop by looking at the raycasting example(viewport /ray casting) and also the 2dphysics has a drag and drop effect
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:07 am

@QuaziGNRLnose , it's been a while now, any plans for (at-least-a-basic) workflow tutorial..? And what are the news from the manual's front..? Anytime soon would be awesome...
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons