Question about a level selection screen

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri May 11, 2012 9:14 pm

I've gone with the global per level approach and it all works good, thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm curious as to how doing it this way wouldn't allow for adding more levels once the game is finished, surely I could just keep adding more variables? Not that I plan to anyway, this is just a first attempt at fiddling around with the program more than anything!

B

Post » Fri May 11, 2012 10:58 pm

yeah you could just add more lvls like that later the problem is say youve made a game and its kinda popular but you havent touched the "code" for it for months then one day you decide to go add some more lvls but you cant remember everything you had to add and/or change to make it work like the rest of the lvls

You waste time goin back over your own old work tryin to figure out how you did it before you can even get back to what you wanted to do which was simply addin more content.

The method I suggested puts everything in place from the beginning so if you want to add more lvls later all you have to do is make those new maps just like you did the original ones and itll work.

Itll also save you the problem of addin a new lvl then testing it only to find out once you finish it it doesnt work like the rest cause you forgot to add somethin (like a new global) cause your mind was on level creation not code
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:58 am

Message: roundrobin is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
That should work, but I'm having a very similar issue here --
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?