Question about AppMobi

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:42 pm

[QUOTE=AndyWatson] First few times I created the .apk with appmobi I also had a blank screen after the loading screen. I removed the appmobi script from my html file and that got it working.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know how you got it working AndyWatson. I removed the script and it worked. I now have sound

I haven't tried it yet but you should be able to change your app version number form 3.4.0 to whatever version you want by opening your folder were all your appMobi demos are stored. Then search for your app project folder, open it, and rename the 3.4.0 folder to whatever version you want.

Let us know if you have any luck this weekend with modifying phonegap.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm

@Wink so you tested your game and it worked with sound?!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Yes, it sure does. And it is running on a Samsung Galaxy S with the Gingerbread OS using the phones default browser.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Wow! I'm gonna have to test this now!!!

Maybe someone should write a tutorial on this. If I figure it out soon I'll do it
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 pm

@smitchell If you need some help let me know. If your going to write a tutorial you should take step by step screen shots of the whole process including the installation of appMobi. It's not to technical just a lot of steps.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:19 am

@Wink Glad to see this is proving useful!!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Could you be more specific on which appmobi scipts need to be removed from the html?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:53 am

yes. please be specific what scripts have to be removed. I tried that too without any success.

I tried removing both of these or each with the same result:

<script src="http://localhost:58888/_appMobi/appmobi.js"></script>
     <script src="http://localhost:58888/_appMobi/xhr.js"></script>

I'm always having a blank screen no matter if i export to phonegap or appmobi. Also i tried it in all browsers on pc and the default android gingerbread browser.

would love if i could publish my apps to the android market but for now im just not able to pack it the right way...
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:30 am

@Bert This thread was from before C2 supported appMobi. We were then exporting our games as a html5 web site, and copying it over an appMobi new project file. The script we were referring to was a script that the appMobi XDK would prompt you to insert into your html.

This is the script we were referring to:

<!-- the line below is required for access to the appMobi JS library -->
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="http://localhost:58888/_appMobi/appmobi.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
        // This event handler is fired once the AppMobi libraries are ready
        function onDeviceReady() {
            //use AppMobi viewport to handle device resolution differences if you want
            //AppMobi.display.useViewport(768,1024);

//hide splash screen now that our app is ready to run
            AppMobi.device.hideSplashScreen();
        }

//initial event handler to detect when appMobi is ready to roll
        document.addEventListener("appMobi.device.ready",onDeviceReady,false);
</script>

@sunnysonic I haven't had time to try C2's new appMobi export yet but if your getting a blank screen with appMobi, and phonegap something must be wrong then. What is the file size of your game? I have heard some people are having problems with there games on mobile devises if there file sizes are to large.

Here is a post I made a few days ago also read Ashley's post right below mine:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/appmobi-or-phonegap_topic48389_post305398.html?KW=#305398

That is all you should have to do to get it working. There is no need to remove scripts anymore.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:30 pm

@sunnysonic, Some else told me (which worked for me), you can't have minify script checked for appmobi export.

@wink, thanks, I figured that out after the fact.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?