- 1. Do we need to concern about draw call at all when making game in Construct ?
- 2. Is there any sort of indicator for draw call (just like what we have for fps)
so we can see how many draw call every frame ?
- 3. Is one sprite object always considered as 1 draw call ?
- 4. How about 5 instances from "one sprite object", does that also considered as 5 draw calls ?
(or is there some sort of batching happens in the background for same object type)
- 5. How about 5 instances from "one sprite object" that use different frame of animation ?
sprite 0 is using frame, sprite 1 using frame, and so on..
- 6. How about sprite that doesn't associate with any image (act as a collision object),
that probably doesn't cost any draw call right ?
aside from curiosity, i'm asking about this because
i have so many sprites that always appear on screen as the game HUD (act as button).
let say it's about 50-70 different sprites, and right now all of them are different objects
(sprite_ButtonSkill_01, sprite_ButtonSkill_02, sprite_ButtonPotion, sprite_ButtonInventory, sprite_ButtonMainMenu, sprite_ButtonMap, sprite_ButtonFriends, etc...).
I was wondering if combining all of them into one sprite object called "SpriteButton" and
each instance display different frame will actualy gain some performance.
Thanks a lot in advance.