question about left to right sprites

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Awesome drifts on auto generate way,tap to steer right.
  • Hello all,

I am new to construct 2, but I love it. I have a small problem. I want to make a freeway clone. Freeway was an atari 2600 game from the eighties.

A chicken had to make it from the bottom of the screen to the top while avoiding cars. The problem I am haveing is I dont know how to make the cars come from left to right from off the screen and then keep coming in their line of traffic. I have all the sprites the background, this is the only issue i cannot figure out. I know if i could get one car to work, I could just clone it to other parts of the screen. Anyone have any idea's.

thanks in advance,

bj

• Spawn a car from time to time and make the car have the BULLET behaviour. By setting it's angle (0 -> and 180 <-) they will move.

• or

car: Set X to self.X+a*dt

a in this case is amount of pixels per second

if you set

car: Set X to self.X+100*dt - car will move 100 pixels per second

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for all the help, but I admit I still dont understand. I want say 7 cars that scroll vertical across the screen at random times, but I also want them coming at random from left and right also. So there is 7 lanes of traffic the car sprites only travel vertical in their lane, but I want them at random times and random player not knowing if they are coming from left or right.

• Maybe this:

---

Global "random"

Every tick: set random to rand(20)

Compare values: tickcount%5 = random

-> Create "Car" at ((rand(3)%2) * 100, rand(6)*10)

---

I guess this is a simple way of randomizing time... if you change rand(20) to something higher, it will be less likely to happen

(rand(3)%2) * 100 will create the car either at left or right

rand(6)*10 is to create the car randomly at 7 different Y positions with 10 pixels between them

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)