Question about picking

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi, I'm new to programming (I know almost nothing) and I've been playing with construct 2 these past days. I'm trying to make a board game.

The game is played on top of a 6x6 checkered board. One mechanic I'm trying to implement is that if in a row or column there are at least 3 tokens of the same player, these tokens are locked and can't be removed by another player's token.

For the tiles I'm using a single object with multiple instances.

The object has the instance variable "Owner" and the value changes to the number of the player. I want to pick all instances that share the same values in X and Owner or Y and Owner. Any help on how to do it?

Thank you so much!.
B

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:51 pm

I think this is something like you are after

Board Game Start

It is not very well commented (actually not commented at all) - give me an "@" if you can't understand anything.
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Thank you! I'll check the file now.armatoste2014-01-28 21:20:17
B

Return to How do I....?