Question about the licenses not in the FAQ

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi Scirra team...
I have been scouring the net for a game engine that is as painless as possible for someone who has mainly worked with the visual side of things. Tried all of them: Torque 2D/3D, Game Maker, Unity 3D (this one def no go), Blender Game Engine and tons of others.

Anyway, finally got my hands on Construct 2 and did the tutorials and I think this app has a huge potential. So I'm highly considering getting an Early Adopter license. I have read the FAQ but I still have the following I need answered:

1) Does the license cover future editions of Construct 2? Eg: Construct 2.1, Construct 2.5, etc?

2) I am assuming the licenses will only cover Construct 2.x and not far future versions like Construct 3.x?

3) Is the cost a monthly/yearly thing or is this a one time thing?

4) Do you prefer orange juice with pulp or without?   
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:58 pm

[QUOTE=ginsengsamurai] Hi Scirra team...
I have been scouring the net for a game engine that is as painless as possible for someone who has mainly worked with the visual side of things. Tried all of them: Torque 2D/3D, Game Maker, Unity 3D (this one def no go), Blender Game Engine and tons of others.

Anyway, finally got my hands on Construct 2 and did the tutorials and I think this app has a huge potential. So I'm highly considering getting an Early Adopter license. I have read the FAQ but I still have the following I need answered:

1) Does the license cover future editions of Construct 2? Eg: Construct 2.1, Construct 2.5, etc?

2) I am assuming the licenses will only cover Construct 2.x and not far future versions like Construct 3.x?

3) Is the cost a monthly/yearly thing or is this a one time thing?

4) Do you prefer orange juice with pulp or without?   
[/QUOTE]

1. It covers all releases of Construct 2
2. You are correct, when Construct 3 comes out (we're not even at the planning stage for this yet!) it will be most likely a separate product. A lot can change by then however.
3. One time cost, but there may be addons (extra exporters) that come at additional cost.
4. I'm indifferent :) If I had to pick though it would be smooth
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Excellent! Thank you for the quick answers. I'll head on over to buy the license now. /bows
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:20 pm

No problem, now is a good time to pick one up as it's an early adopter price. This means that there are currently some features missing/it's in a beta stage, but you are rewarded for this early with a significantly lower price. An early adopter license is exactly the same as a Construct 2 license bought for full price in the future, so it's a bit of a bargain at the moment :)Tom2011-10-23 15:21:04
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:04 am

A definate bargain.. The best price there is for this great product, I myself have tried loads of other game making software, but this has to be the easiest there is to create a game.tonycrew2011-10-24 00:04:32
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General