[Question] Did anyone do all their music, art & programming?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Did anyone actually attempt to make their own art, music and also made events by themselves?

If you did? Did you actually learned all the skills just to make your game?

If you guys know someone, can you link their game/games?

In case you are wondering, I just want to see the accomplishment that can be acquired by learning all 3 skills.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:32 pm

My game on Steam was just me on my lonesome as a part-time dev.... I had to get over everything not being perfect otherwise I would never have progressed from pre-alpha.
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:38 pm

@Colludium - Wow, you did all the parts of the game yourself? What game was that? Was it Umbra: Shadow of Death?

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:49 pm

chadorireborn wrote:@Colludium - Wow, you did all the parts of the game yourself? What game was that? Was it Umbra: Shadow of Death?

Yes (oops - should have named it!). It took me almost a year to complete!
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:06 pm

@Colludium - I can't imagine learning all 3. I commend you.

B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:22 pm

I'm working together with my friends to cover all areas of asset making. It such a huge job having every part of a game well made, polished. So I bow my head before anyone who manages that solo, especially working on it part-time.

@chadorireborn
Learning is a good thing. You don't have to be professional, but if you can't ask for reliable help for you game, I think it's a good idea to get into asset making a bit.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:33 am

@glerikud - Yeah but it may take 6 years or more before I learn 2 more skills. Which is kind of a pain but I hope it's worth it.

B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General