Questions about construct 2

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:49 am

So, I couldnt find a better place for this, Im an indie game dev (the indiest kind of indie developer) and I want to make a game by myself (and of course, a musician) and I have some questions about construct 2 to know if its worth to use it, I have seen some master pieces made with it and seems very efficient and versatile

Question number 1: Im looking to make a game like double dragon mixed with mortal kombat like fighting, Can I make that 3D-ish movement with construct 2?

Question number 2: Is it possible to sell an html5 game on steam? for it to complete the requirements of not needing a browser to work and that stuff

Question number 3: Im looking to make a pattern based AI with variation on probability, of the enemy responding with a punch or a block once the player presses ''A'' at a certain distance in a 20/80 chance, is it possible to make this on construct 2?

Those are the questions, I hope the answers are all yes, this looks like a really promising program, thanks for reading and advanced thanks for answering (if you actually did)
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:18 am

#1: Yes.

#2: There are actually a number of Construct 2 games already on Steam(Aviary Attorney, for example). The full version of Construct 2 has the ability to export to desktop using the Node Webkit wrapper.

#3: Yes.

I'd give more detailed answers for #1 and #3, but those would be more easily answered once you've already started -- you may even find that they're easier than you were expecting.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:02 am

Not pushing the product, but you can see from this template that your style of game is very possible with Construct2.

https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-game-templates/beatem-up-platformer-687
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:47 am

thanks, Ill get started with it right now, just need to summon some magic elves and turn some smurfs into magic to pay the personal license, but I think the free version will be enough for learning
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:27 am

Trust us on this one, is very worth it.
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions