Questions about interrupted attacks

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:21 pm

Guh, this is getting frustrating. Arima's idea of control states worked perfectly until I added walking animations. Now I have all of the same problems as before; attacks playing one frame, being interrupted by walking animations, the character moonwalking, etc.

Could someone look over this code and let me know if there are any obvious problems?

I'm sorry to keep asking about this, but I really want to get this issue solved before moving on to anything else. I'm assuming that I'm just missing something, but the last time I had a fairly similar problem with a game creation program and asked in the forums, it turned out to be a bug after all. Might as well be sure it's just me. :) Thanks in advance.
B
G

Post » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:09 pm

How do you get the condition "Move Left" is down to appear? On my computer selecting mousekeyboard - control is down/on control pressed results it reading: Player 1 "Move Left" is down / On player 1 pressed "Punch".

You could also try instead of "Pinkbox mode equals punching, set animation to punch" put the set animation to punch action in the punch pressed events instead.

Aside from that, I'm not sure. You have other code, it could be something in there. I tried recreating it and it works here.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:47 pm

The only other code is an Always command to keep the Pink sprites aligned with the Pinkbox (that's shown in an earlier code example) and the Kick section, which is identical to the Punch one except for using kicking animations.

I will try to post the .CAP file later today so you can see exactly what's happening if that's OK. It might have more to do with the animation speed and a slight acceleration/deceleration in movement than the actual code, and the only way to tell would be to see it in action. Thank you very much for trying to recreate it, your help is appreciated.
B
G

Post » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Hiya DesignerSpecial, have you found the solution to this? I've been trying to for some days now without much luck. Would love to move on with my project as well.

thx

~t
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic