Questions before purchase

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:41 am

OldieSteve wrote:am still concerned about the exe's though, after reading what you posted I've been reading up on it and it creates an installer for the PC and not a standalone exe which is really what I'd prefer (btw Gamemaker does output an standalone exe.. Although that said, I think I have more chances of learning to use construct 2)

Just as @zenox98 said: it creates a standalone .exe. No installer. It packs your game with Chromium, yes, but it runs out of the box, without the need to install anything. Sorry if I confused you with my previous post.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:51 am

Having said that, many do use one of the free installer products to create an installer, so that only one file needs to be downloaded, so maybe that is where the slight confusion arises.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:36 am

I'm quite enjoying the free version and I think I'll be buying it next month when I have the funds ;)

One dumb question for you experts.. Why am I having a hell of a job trying to change the grid size?
I have snap to grid on and Its defaulting at 32x32 and I would like it at 30x20 but it's not changing for me. I've tried over and over.

It that one thing locked in the free version? ..or am I being a bit thick?
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General