Questions ...

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
  • I had questions I always wanted to ask about the logic in C2 ...

1- How can I set an event when a loop is finished ( Repeat ) without having to set variables

2- Does an event trigger before his sub-event ?

3- in a for every element loop : When you spawn an object / how can you assign

4- What is the limit of the number of functions you can call in 1 tick

5- How much elements does it take to an array to slow the game ?

6- Any documentation about 3d arrays ? ( Tutorials )

Anyways ... I'll add some when I get more in my brain !

Top level event

.. Loop

.. Your event that will execute after the loop

2. Yes, ofc.

3. Isn't this an incomplete

4. None

5. None, arrays are just datas, unlikely it will slow performances.

6. Check the keyword "arrays" in the tutorials and check out Yann's video about arrays (in his twitch/youtube channel)

• Kyatric ...

3- in a for every element loop : When you spawn an object / how can you pick this one and only this one ?

• 3- in a for every element loop : When you spawn an object / how can you pick this one and only this one ?

It is automatically picked after you spawn it.

• 3. A newly spawned object is picked by default until the next iteration of the loop.

So any action applying to the object right after the "Create" action will apply only to the newly made object.

This kind of picking questions is already treated in the how do I FAQ.

• Helps me a lot ! thanks !

• 8- How can I copy the content of a textbox , is it even possible

( I want to copy/paste a JSON code from my preview to my eventsheet ; Get the JSON of an array )

Kyatric , vee41 ?

• TextBox.Text returns the current text in a textbox. This is also covered in the manual by the way.

• Nimtrix , I would like to copy a variable content to clipboard , so i can use it in my event sheet

• If you use a textbox to display the info, you should be able to select the text and copy it manually, is that what you're looking for? Note: a 'TextBox' object, not a 'Text' object.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you use a textbox to display the info, you should be able to select the text and copy it manually, is that what you're looking for? Note: a 'TextBox' object, not a 'Text' object.

That's what I tried to do , but doesn't seem to work ... Is there a procedure you need to do to enable selection ?

• Hmm, no it works right out of the box for me. Using chrome and latest beta. Even if I set it to "read-only" I can still copy the text.

Edit: You may have set the placeholder text instead of the actual text. Is it kind of grayed out? Or if you've disabled the textbox the whole thing will be gray and not selectable.

• Nimtrix , Nope ... Here is the capx ...

dl.dropbox.com/u/89532891/LevelEditor.capx

• Ah, I see now. The selection is reset every time the text is updated, which in your case is every tick. Put it on every 2 seconds or on the click of a button or something, so you get a few seconds to select and copy the text before it updates.

• ok ... Thanks dude !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)