Quick Question about Switching Layouts

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:51 am

Whatsup everyone,

I have a question about switching layouts that i have been meaning to ask about.
I have my game setup around Biomes so the player will be able to go from one enviroment to the next at will.What i want to do is make a road that the player must travel everytime the player wants to switch biomes,I just dont know how i would go about making the player travel the same road everytime without duplicating the layout.
I was thinking of making it to where at the end of the road each time would be signs to pick where you wanted to go but i would rather see if anyone else has any better ideas.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:04 am

Woul it be possible to create a seperate layout for the road? Using global variables you could adjust the layout just a little depending on where the player came from.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:31 am

You could have name of the layout player should go to at global variable / something else and as roads change layout event use 'Go to layout <your variable here>'.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:14 am

Thank you guys @vee41 @LittleStain i didnt really think i could use variables in that manner.Thanks for helping me out.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?