Quicksaving/loading

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:11 pm

I'm making side-scroller.

When player falls in the pit I want to restart level (layout). I use quick-saving for this. I quick-save the game when layout starts and later just use the quickload to restart the layout.

However, once I quickload the state, all "Every X milliseconds" events stop working. The moving platforms do not move. However, they start moving after some time. But the delay isn't supposed to be there.

How to solve this?
B
G

Post » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:23 pm

Can you reproduce this in a new .cap with as few events and objects as possible? Then if you put it on the tracker, I can see if it can be fixed.

Alternatively you could try a 'Go to layout' action with the same layout number to restart the layout. (even if that works, reporting a bug for the quicksave thing would be good so it can get fixed)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:59 pm

I'll put it on a tracker as soon as I can. I rewrote the CAP so it uses TimeDelta now, though. I'll try to reproduce the original bug.

Also, positioning and flashing do not work after quickloading. That's very very weird. I also noticed that number of instances are increased for one upon quickload. I am not sure this is desired effect.
B
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic