"Animation is playing" event

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • ..Doesn't seem to work for me.

I tried something simple to test it out like "Animation "Run" is playing - Destroy object" and the animation plays but it doesn't get destroyed.

Same thing with "On animation finished" events.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? do I need to enter anything other than the animation name when prompted?

• Do you use "Default" animation for a event? If so it wont work, you must create new animation and then make an event.

• Nope, I named each animation differently.

• This is due to a bug with what animation construct thinks is playing. Go to the debugger when running your .cap - check what animation is playing. It always says 'animation'. I think I submitted this one to the tracker...

To work around, set a value to the animation name manually.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is due to a bug with what animation construct thinks is playing. Go to the debugger when running your .cap - check what animation is playing. It always says 'animation'. I think I submitted this one to the tracker...

To work around, set a value to the animation name manually.

Could you give an example? I'm not sure how to assign it since it can't recognize what is playing.

• Set up a private variable for the sprite via the properties such as 'animationname'. Then in the events, when you have the code to change an animation, also change the variable to the name of the animation manually, i.e. set sprite.Value('animationname') to "running".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)