"beta update available" when starting C3

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • I searched the bug tracker for "beta", but could not find anything, so I am asking here:

I have opted in to receive beta updates in the C3 browser version.

Every time I start C3 browser version, I get the message: "beta update available - a new beta version of Construct 3 is available! You are using r89, and r92 is ready to use."

I always click "Update".

Is it normal for C3 to ask every time, when opening C3, to download the latest beta version?

The last time I clicked yes. C3 does not remember and keep the latest beta version?

• The beta versions have a different URL, e.g. editor.construct.net/r92 for the r92 beta. The stable release runs on editor.construct.net. If you bookmark/add to homescreen/otherwise load editor.construct.net, you're loading the latest stable release (currently r89). Then if you've opted in to get notifications about beta releases, you'll see a notification.

So currently it's all working as intended, but this question has come up a few times now, so I guess we ought to tweak it to make it better. Maybe stable releases should only prompt you about a new beta once?

• The beta versions have a different URL, e.g. editor.construct.net/r92 for the r92 beta. The stable release runs on editor.construct.net. If you bookmark/add to homescreen/otherwise load editor.construct.net, you're loading the latest stable release (currently r89). Then if you've opted in to get notifications about beta releases, you'll see a notification.

So currently it's all working as intended, but this question has come up a few times now, so I guess we ought to tweak it to make it better. Maybe stable releases should only prompt you about a new beta once?

I agree it's a bit annoying to always get the prompt, but don't know if there's any way around it.

I don't know if it's possible, but if the setting could be read before the stable loads you could be redirected directly without starting the stable first. I have no idea where this setting could be stored though, and how you go back to stable if the setting is already set to use beta. That setting would have to be read even before the stable starts so I think that would be problematic. Can a persistent cookie keep track of the setting and redirect you, depending on what the setting in the cookie is?

• It could automatically redirect you, but then it's awkward if you actually want to use r89. The current system at least gives you a clear, 1-click choice.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • , I do not want to use up any of your resources. So if you now want to keep it this way, that is fine by me.

At least my question is answered now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)