"Last of the Survivors" at 80K+29K downloads!!

0 favourites
  • Hi everyone!

I am really glad to bring this update, hoping that it will encourage some of the new C2 devs here. And remove all doubts and concern about C2 not being as solid as other game making engines! C2 is absolutely the best engine.

My game "Last of the Survivors" has nearly reached 50K downloads in just 2.5 months. I received about 901 reviews as of today

I just released my BIGGEST update to the game. Link in the signature below.

Here are the list of things added:

1. Google Leaderboard+Achievements (cranberrygames plugin)

2. New unlockable levels(free)

3. Interactive Tutorials (this was a tough one)

4. Video Ads (Chartboost and Adcolony) to earn coins and free revive

5. Google Analytics

6. New stage selection screen

7. Stronger zombies after each stage

8. Loads of improvements and bug fixes!

Request you all to try the game and let me know your feedback. I would to help you out in some of the features I implemented in my game

Ashley FYI, your creation is doing amazing things for indie devs like me. THANK YOU and team at Scirra!

• Congratulations! That is very encouraging news.

• This is great.

I wonder if you give coins in return of facebook connect, how many downloads you will get.

• This is great.

I wonder if you give coins in return of facebook connect, how many downloads you will get.

Sounds like a good idea! Is there a plugin for this? I haven't explored FB/Social media yet in my game. Would love to hear some inputs from you

• congratulations, good work!

by the way, what u use for the characters sprite? (software)

• You did a great game

But it works terrible on 8 core MediaTek

It's not smooth and tears

I'm sorry but Crosswalk sucks

Also it's full screen only at the beggining,

Later I see notification belt on the top,

And 2 black belts on the left/right side (i

I have 1280*720 display)

• SamRock great work you did here! , smooth installation, good introduction, and was pretty fun!, played it and rated 5

tested on nexus7, for me no bars on left/right, little bit cut top/bottom at start, (because of back button bar) , video-ads worked ok! (yeepie)

it was a bit long at first play (25sec) and i actually stopped playing because there where no ads to see for reviving me, maybe more revives in the beginning (round2) would lengthen the first play

framerate is indeed not as smooth, could be better i feel..., this might be a good game to test the new front to back render? have you tried it?

or maybe room for optimalisation?

anyway congrats with the nice game, many installations and good reviews

• You did a great game

But it works terrible on 8 core MediaTek

It's not smooth and tears

I'm sorry but Crosswalk sucks

Also it's full screen only at the beggining,

Later I see notification belt on the top,

And 2 black belts on the left/right side (i

I have 1280*720 display)

szymek

Thanks for your feedback! The Google Game Plugin is causing the notification/back bars to appear. This happens after you are connected to Google Game services where the login screen occurs on top of your game. Its very random, sometimes it goes back to fullscreen, sometimes the bar remains. I need to talk to the Plugin maker.

I think I saw your review (3 star, was that you?). When you say CrossWalk, do you mean the Isometric view? or Crosswalk used to build game on Intel XDK? Do let me know

Would be great if you can post a screenshot here, I will share it with the plugin maker.

SamRock great work you did here! , smooth installation, good introduction, and was pretty fun!, played it and rated 5

tested on nexus7, for me no bars on left/right, little bit cut top/bottom at start, (because of back button bar) , video-ads worked ok! (yeepie)

it was a bit long at first play (25sec) and i actually stopped playing because there where no ads to see for reviving me, maybe more revives in the beginning (round2) would lengthen the first play

framerate is indeed not as smooth, could be better i feel..., this might be a good game to test the new front to back render? have you tried it?

or maybe room for optimalisation?

anyway congrats with the nice game, many installations and good reviews

vtrix Thank you so much! Its really nice to see one dev encourage another dev!!

I am removing the Video ad at start of level, it was supposed to be a static ad not a video!

Unfortunately, Video Ads has huge FILLRATE issues and viewing cap too. Sometimes it plays multiple ads in sequence, other times there are no ads at all! I will take your Revive suggestion into consideration (Actually I had infinite revives before this update ).

Yes I am considering the new C2 feature. My game was already in Beta when the new C2 came out. Will make the update and let you know soon!

• SamRock

Maybe When I say "Crosswalk" I mean "Crosswalk via Intel XDK". Anyway: did you check how your game runs in Cocoon.io or old Cocoon?

• szymek Thanks for the screenshot and input. Honestly I am very new to Android development. This is my first app on Android. I dont even own an Android device

So I really didnt have the chance or experience to explore other options. Is CocoonJS good? I went ahead with whatever C2 supported. Intel XDK made life easier, didnt know it can affect performance though.

• Congrats on the accomplishment!

• Just wondering, how did you get all of those reviews?

Did you submit your game or link to websites or did they just naturally review the game after release?

• Thank you!

Just wondering, how did you get all of those reviews?

Did you submit your game or link to websites or did they just naturally review the game after release?

Yes 90% are natural reviews

Rest are of course from friends and family members. I also received few review exchange from ther game developers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • SamRock Hi! Great job! Question for you, how did you setup Chartboost and Adcolony in Construct? Did you use the Admob object or the iAd object? What did you use to create your APK? Was it Cocoon or Intel XDK?

• I wanna know details of programs did you use, please especially in graphic.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)