"TAP TO SHOOT" OR "AUTOMATIC SHOOT"?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hi guys, I am creating a game app. It is a Side scrolling space shooter (R-type-ish).

The game will be released as an app so it will be for mobile and tablet users.

Players will have to tap in order to shoot. This is very different from most (if not all) space shooter apps where you simply have to tap&hold to shoot.

I am wondering whether I should follow their lead and use the same mechanics. What say you?

I decided to force the user to tap because this is the way I wanted to play the game. I find tap&hold too easy and not challenging enough for a game; but I may be wrong. How many of you would rather tap2shoot than tap&hold?

• You should definitely have a hold to shoot as it gives the players more control. Furthermore you shouldn't try to be original by changing controls, just add a mechanic that gives the game an interesting twist that they haven't seen before.

• Nobody's going to want to tap to shoot each individual bullet in such a fast paced genre, my wrist is aching just thinking about it.

• Nobody's going to want to tap to shoot each individual bullet in such a fast paced genre, my wrist is aching just thinking about it.

I loved mashing buttons on my gameboy and this is the feeling I tried to recreate. I want the player to be more involved. But I've found a way to offer both shooting mechanics in the game so I think most people will be able to enjoy the game the way they want to.

Cheers!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tapping each time can be very painful.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)