I'll post it here just for the heck of it.
1. Action/Condition that involved layer, doesn't do a double check whether the layer exist on the layout
(except "Layer is Visible" Condition)
To repro, use "MyNewLayer" or layer 30:
- On Event 2 Create these Conditions:
System->Compare opacity -> "MyNewLayer" / 30
Mysprite->Is on Layer "MyNewLayer" / 30
etc... try other conditions that involved Layer
- On Event 2 create these Actions:
System->Set layer "MyNewLayer" / 30 opacity to 0
System->Create object MySprite on layer "MyNewLayer" / 30
MySprite->Move to layer "MyNewLayer" / 30
etc... try other actions that involved Layer
- User should not be allowed to use layer name/index that is not exist anywhere on the layout.
(System -> Layer is Visible seems to work correctly.)
2. Renaming Layer / Group doesn't update all the reference
Casually renaming one of the Layer/Group can break your project without you realizing it. (until it's too late).
This happens to me quite often recently and it's a pain to search for the mistake.
- especially if you have lots of events spread across more than one sheet with "include" (so you have to double check every included sheet).
- moreover when you forget what the old layer/group name is.
- also renaming all the reference manually one by one really adding it to the strain.
- Rename layer "SpriteLayer" to "AwesomeLayer" and the sprite will no longer created on screen
- Rename group "CREATE OBJECT" to "MY GROUP" and the project preview won't do anything after you click the button
- When renaming layer/group, all the reference to the layer/group should be magically renamed too.
- "Or" at least when you preview the project, it will throw some error in the browser/console something like:
Event 2: Layer "SpriteLayer" doesn't exist
Event 3: Group "MY GROUP" doesn't exist