r113 Projects Affected by KB2735855 & KB27358

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • EDIT I found a workaround but not a fix. This issue only appears on old?/large? projects created prior to MS release of KB2735855. You can get the project to work normally by uninstalling KB2735855.

This issue only appears if Windows Updates (KB2735855 & KB2735855) are installed

It looks like the KB is intended to speed up 3rd party downloads but is causing widespread corruption

link1

story2

story3

Here is some feedback I got from ESET when I was ruling out antivirus:

Marcos

Eset Moderator

Beware of MS hotfixes KB2735855 and KB2750841

The recently released hotfixes KB2735855 and KB2750841 have been confirmed to cause data corruption during the download when a 3rd party driver working at Windows Filtering Platform layer intervenes in the communication. ESET has demonstrated it using a sample driver from Windows Development Kit and will contact Microsoft to address the issue with as highest priority as possible. In the mean time, we strongly recommend removing this hotfix until Microsoft comes up with a solution.

Last edited by Marcos : November 21st, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

Affected OS's

Applies to

Windows 7 Enterprise

Windows 7 Home Basic

Windows 7 Home Premium

Windows 7 Professional

Windows 7 Starter

Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-Based Systems

Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Windows Web Server 2008 R2

*************Original Post**********************

Hi guys,

My old computer (AMD X2 XP x86) died on me today, and I built a new box (Intel i5 x86) today, and I have come to realize that my project does not work on Intel machines for some reason. I had a friend confirm a similar behavior on his intel machine. I think somewhere along the way some variable or something got "off" causing this issue. All other Capx's, that are not Luna, seem to work fine on my newly built computer. This is leading me to beleive there is a bug deep in my code that is affecting only intel boxes.

I am having trouble pinpointing root cause, but this error has had me stumped for days so I decided to reach out.

I can play other big projects just fine on the arcade.

I tried playing the tutorial projects and they worked great too.

On start, my game idles there and tries to load with a white screen. The error log in Chrome shows the following, but I have observed similar behavior on IE and Firefox

Here is an example of the error on Chrome. These seem to repeat

Uncaught TypeError: Expecting a function in instance-of check, but got [object Object] Screen Goes White and

[Can't read property event sheet of null]

I will email you guys a link to the CapX since I cant release source.

I'm not sure how to dissect the js errors.

I tried old versions of my game.. like 108 versions and they exhibit the same symptom. Probably a weird quote in the wrong place or something?

System Specs

OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

OS Version:               6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Manufacturer:       Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Type:               X86-based PC

Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.

[01]: x64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~

3801 Mhz

BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. F11, 5/11/2012

Total Physical Memory:     3,562 MB

Available Physical Memory: 1,088 MB

Virtual Memory: Max Size: 7,123 MB

Tested on both:

Nvidia GeForce 640 [latest drivers]

Radeon ATI 6670 [latest drivers]

The only plugins I am using are

rex.while

rex.pauseGillis2012-12-19 21:55:16

• The link you provided by email says "invalid password" even when I enter the password you gave me... try using Dropbox with a private link. Also please note as per how to report bugs our policy is not to investigate any projects that use third party plugins, so you should remove them or reproduce the issue in a new empty project before sending us a .capx.

I don't understand why you listed two graphics cards in your system spec. Is this some kind of dual link system? (Which is probably impossible with two different manufacturer's cards!)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • EDIT I found a workaround but not a fix. This issue only appears on old projects created prior to MS release of KB2735855. You can get the project to work normally by uninstalling KB2735855.

This issue only appears if Windows Updates (KB2735855 & KB2735855) are installed

It looks like the KB is intended to speed up 3rd party downloads but is causing widespread corruption

link1

story2

story3

This issue only appears if Windows Update (KB2735855) is installed and you are working on an old project. I have tested with a trimmed down version of my project just showing one image and it still times out.

This one is not password protected.

You can download the file by copying and pasting this link into your browser

gillis.exavault.com/share/view/qsx-aqqiptuh-bf9jrtrc

Interestingly you can still add new objects but old objects fail to load.

Very intriguing.

Here is some info I got from ESET while I was researching the Antivirus implications on the KB

Marcos

Eset Moderator

"Beware of MS hotfixes KB2735855 and KB2750841

The recently released hotfixes KB2735855 and KB2750841 have been confirmed to cause data corruption during the download when a 3rd party driver working at Windows Filtering Platform layer intervenes in the communication. ESET has demonstrated it using a sample driver from Windows Development Kit and will contact Microsoft to address the issue with as highest priority as possible. In the mean time, we strongly recommend removing this hotfix until Microsoft comes up with a solution.

Last edited by Marcos : November 21st, 2012 at 11:15 AM."

This is now documented as a bug between KB2735855 and ESET NOD Antivirus kb.eset.com/esetkb/index

So this might simply be corrupting the project as it passes the the WFP layer?

Interestingly Awesomium projects run with no issues with this KB installed. It is just happening when running from Construct 2 using the play button

Affected OS's

Applies to

Windows 7 Enterprise

Windows 7 Home Basic

Windows 7 Home Premium

Windows 7 Professional

Windows 7 Starter

Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-Based Systems

Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Windows Web Server 2008 R2

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)