[r120.2] Platform jump behavior

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Complete game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropbox.com/u/73774002/platformbug.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Hold down Platform Right or Left (Arrow keys)

2. Press Platform jump (up)

3. Make sure you held down Right or Left

Observed result:

Sprite goes up, then 90 degrees right/left. No jump arch or fall

Expected result:

Sprite goes up, starts going up right/left, then falls as per normal jump arch.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: yes/no

Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack: Windows 7 x64

Construct 2 version: R120beta

• Can't reproduce, appears to be a normally working Platform movement. You have pixel rounding and point sampling set though, which makes it look less smooth and might be making you think there's an issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you stand by a wall and push up, it goes for the full jump. As you can see in the demo, the jump strength itself makes you go significantly above the platforms.

If you stand by a wall, push right/left into the wall and push jump, you only go as high as the wall then start walking immediately. Even does it without pixel rounding.

It seems to only affect the walls that are 2 tiles high. 1 tile, 3 tile, 4 tiles don't matter. This is at 250 jumpstrength with default settings

At 300 jumpstrength it only affects 3 tile high walls.

My game with platforming configured more detailed, it affects all platforming as 1 2 or even 3 tile high walls it does this (3 tile is the max jump height for that game)

It seems to be anything that is compiled with the [r120.2] build has this issue, as my previously compiled exports do not do this. edit: Just did a test and preview/compile with [r119] does not reproduce the issue I'm having with [r120.2]

Edit: version I am on is [r120.2]. Not just [r120]

• I've got the same bug !

So, How do you fix this problem Thndr ?

• I reverted back to r119

• I made some changes to the capx to highlight the problem. The player kind of snaps to the edge of the platform sometimes. Seems to happen more frequently in Chrome than in Firefox.

platformJump_r120.2.capx

• Thanks but it's a bug with the software:

scirra.com/forum/r1202-platform-jump-behavior_topic63939.html

• This bug is a side effect of the fix that was made in r120 in response to my "Platform Behavior Bug (Gliding over platforms)" report. I believe it's lines 596-570 or somewhere around there that causes it. I removed them so I can't check without re-installing.

• Thanks but it's a bug with the software:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/r1202-platform-jump-behavior_topic63939.html?KW=

Ah I didn't see that thread.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)