Any Sample file from Construct 2.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a sample file from scirra C2;
2.1 Create an animation with 4 frames, paint the entire area with white, for example;
2.2 Create another animation with 4 frames, fill them with black color;
2.3 Clone the second animations;
3. Save the project as folder;
4. Go to the folder;
5. While with Construct 2 opened, copy the animations file of the first sprite object to the second object folder, overwrite them;
6. Copy the animations of the third sprite object to the first object, overwrite them;
7. Go back to the Construct 2;
8. Go inside the animation editor on the first object and select the menu to reload from the disk (the bottom window, on the dropdown menu).
9. It will update the white sprites with the black one;
10. Go to the second object and watch, it updated all the frames, but the first frame still black;
C2 ignored the first frame of all the other animations while reloading the sprites from the disk.
I'm dealing with 200 sprites on this project, and always need to retouch the animation, resize the entire frame sequences, etc, also, another person is helping with the arts assets, so, we are using the save in folder feature on the maximum.
But, when it miss to update the first frame of all the other animations, and you updated a lot of animations, it became a problem hard to handle...
If necessary, I can reproduce it in video to help understand the problem, I'm here to help, just it.
Also, I observed this with resized sprites, the sprites objects on the canvas, after the first reload, are all with the same size, but when I go inside each one and manually reload from the disk again, to update the first frame, that object will update his size on the canvas.
Maybe it is related, the first frame still with the the old size to keep on the canvas the original size, after reloaded, it updated the canvas too, maybe one is preventing the other to update.
Not happen the missed frames.
Operating system & service pack:
Windows 8 32 bits
Construct 2 version: