[R125] Load Image by URL in CocoonJS

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • It's great to see ajax now working for project file imports in CocoonJS, but it still isn't working for loading images by URL. Thanks

Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41218343/LoadFromURLtest.capx

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41218343/LoadByURL_2013_04_12-07_32_07_debug_signed.apk

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install file on Android or preview in browser

Observed result:

Works fine in the browser not in CocoonJS. Nothing is loaded in CocoonJS

Expected result:

2 Colours should load instantly and then after 10 seconds alternate between instances

Browsers affected:

Chrome: no

CocoonJS: Yes

Operating system & service pack:

Android 2.3 Samsung Galaxy S Clear

Construct 2 version:

R25

• Closing, please report this to Ludei. It's a bug in CocoonJS and we can't fix it for them.

• Nathan I am using this functionality at the minute and its working fine, i havent compiled in the cloud yet though but its working fine in the cocoonjs launcher app, have you tried it in the launcher app? Im worried its a case of it works in the launcher app but not once its compiled to apk, i cant get access to the cloud compiler at the minute to test

• Actually i think my scenario is different as im using full http urls

Any reason your doing it this way instead of just changing the images via animation frames? I mean if the images are already part of the project then why not?

• theames It's interesting that it's working for you with full http urls. I've just tried my example in the launcher and it still doesn't work.

The reason why I want to load images in this way is we produce educational games, primarily for teaching languages. We would like to be able to dynamically load images from a very large pool without loading all the images into RAM.

For our purposes the problem should be solved when CocoonJS releases WebGl and layout by layout loading. However, it would be nice to be able to keep one code base for the online version (Load by URL so the user doesn't have to download all the images) and the mobile version.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nathan

I have just tried your capx via cocoonjs launcher and can confirm it doesnt work for me either

you can look in the console of the app to see the error which you can pass on to Ludei

Its erroring on trying to open the path to the files folder, maybe you need to add a prefix on the uri path to help it point to the right location but searching the forums i havent found any info on what that might be

It definately works loading from live urls though as I just implemented this yesterday to include ads to our other games from within our new game, which strangely enough is also an educational childrens game

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)