[r127] Jump-Thru behavior bug

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:02 pm

@andreyin - your original .capx link is now a 404. I know the bug is old, but I definitely won't be able to look in to it again if the file isn't there!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Sorry, I think I've deleted it by accident when cleaning my dropbox ):

I tried doing it again but I couldn't reproduce the exact bug I first mentioned (where the character gets stuck in the middle of the platform rather than on top of it).

However, I found some new bugs, as well as the ones Jase00 mentioned. Not sure if I should post new bug reports or just post it here, so I'll post it here and if you guys want, I can make new threads (or add this to the ones Jase00 posted0)..

Anyway, here's the .capx:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2383513/jumpthru.capx

In this .capx, the orange platforms are 32x32 sprites with the jumpthru behavior next to each other.

What happens is that the character automatically falls of some of the platforms when stepping on them.

Like this:

As for the red platform SOMETIMES the character is allowed to jump from the bottom of the screen directly to the top of the red platform, and sometimes he can't. He's not supposed to.

Like this:

edit: I forgot to mention the bug that Jase00 also mentioned, where if you stand on the top of the red platform, drop to the right and quickly press left, the Y vector will be set to 0. This happens if you touch any jumpthru platform while falling and miss the top of it.

Thanks!andreyin2013-07-03 18:57:45
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:34 am

@andreyin - which version of Construct 2 are you using? We made some fixes to jump-thrus in r137, and I can't reproduce any of your issues in Chrome with it. Note the jumping on to the red block is due to random variations in dt, you simply shouldn't rely on blocks where the height is very close to the jump height.

Closing this report now, make new threads for any issues you still get in r137.Ashley2013-07-08 11:35:13
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:32 pm

@ashley when I posted it r137 hadn't been released yet, I updated and tested it again and everything is fine now! Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:59 am

Hello Guys i think i figured this out with some trick

at very first thing sry for my bad English :) ( no problem (thank you :D ) )

the problem is when our character.Height > JmpThruObject.Height this bug will happen

i couldn't fix that on my character who have platform behavior but i created a new sprite with tiny size and platform behavior attached to it then placed it on myCharacter's leg and pinned myCharacter to it.

whenever that tiny sprite moves, myCharacter follows it and we think myCharacter having platform behavior
and its solved with this trick! ;)

there is a picture Look :

1- tiny sprite (platform behavior)
2- myCharacter (pin behavior)
3- JumpThruObject
B

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:02 am

@SiLaSTheMaster

SiLaSTheMaster wrote:Hello Guys i think i figured this out with some trick

at very first thing sry for my bad English :) ( no problem (thank you :D ) )

the problem is when our character.Height > JmpThruObject.Height this bug will happen

i couldn't fix that on my character who have platform behavior but i created a new sprite with tiny size and platform behavior attached to it then placed it on myCharacter's leg and pinned myCharacter to it.

whenever that tiny sprite moves, myCharacter follows it and we think myCharacter having platform behavior
and its solved with this trick! ;)

there is a picture Look :

1- tiny sprite (platform behavior)
2- myCharacter (pin behavior)
3- JumpThruObject

Why have you posted in a 2 year old closed bug report that has already been remedied?
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Closed bugs