r145 Audio broken

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
100+ Musical High Quality Sound Effects for your game!
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

Open menu and create new example project called positioned audio

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch the example that came with c2

Observed result: The audio makes no sense. It has been slowed down and is not positioned.

Expected result: High quality audio playing as in r144.2.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Operating system & service pack: Windows 7

Construct 2 version: r145

• I can also confirm audio broken using looping and when you position it stops.

• I can also confirm that the audio is broken. Any sounds that are set to "play at object" seem to be playing at random speed and pitch. Music works fine.

• That's why I came to the bug forum.

My cannonball bouncing off the dirt sounds like distant rolling thunder in Chrome. The Cannon sounds fine.

Firefox is fine,

IE10 echo'd one time the first test, but has been fine since.

• Same here. My positioned sounds seem to be in another dimension of space and time. ^^

• In Node-Webkit it plays ok, but now it's taking a bit more time to start... maybe I have to load every song manually on the loader layout?

Also, I had this code for song-changing where the song that was playing would fade out, then the next song would fade in, but it doesn't work anymore (probably because it doesn't have enough time to load before I call it?).

edit: Nevermind, I tried loading the music manually but it doesn't work when I try to change it...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Now I have problem with music jn android devices after cocoonjs compilation to apk... On start of layout sometimes music not playing...

• same problem with Node-Webkit, volume changed every time

• Yes, music broken and events which attached to the music broke the game and you need to restart it.

Android. Cocoonjs

• Ah yes, adding the save/load option in r145 accidentally broke the positioned sound properties. Should be fixed in the next build.

Note this fix pertains only to positioned sounds; if you have a different issue, post a separate bug report for it, and if it's to do with CocoonJS, please report it to Ludei.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)