R170 Exported file is broken on mobile device browsers

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A futuristic device, can be used as radarscreen, optionscreen, infodisplay, research device, ...
  • Problem Description

____ A concise description of your problem here ____

"With construct 2 Version R170."

After exporting any capx file and testing it on mobile device browsers, the exported file does not run the event sheet or show all images initially placed in the Construct 2 Editor. This is a mobile browser issue that was not apparent in the previous update R168. It affects all browsers on mobile devices. Does not affect browsers on desktops.

Tested on the following devices:

Samsung S3

Samsung S2

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" Tablet (GT-N8010EAEXAC), Android 4.0, 32GB, WiFi

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Simple Endless runner template that comes with Construct 2.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/116 ... 0Test.capx

Description of Capx

____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

Runs the Endless Runner template, no additional modifications have been done to the standard template.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: Export project
    • Step 2: Place files in dropbox
    • Step 3: Run on Native browser
    • Step 4: Run on chrome

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

*This is mainly a mobile device browser issue*

On android native browsers the exported project does not run. The background image is the only thing that shows up. There is also two construct 2 loader icons and bars that show up.

On general mobile browsers such as chrome, scaling is incorrect and touch controls don't work. Once again this problem wasn't there in the previous construct 2 versions.

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____

A working playable game on mobile device browsers.

Affected Browsers

Mobile Device Browsers:
    • Chrome: (YES/NO) Yes
    • FireFox: (YES/NO) Yes
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO) Yes
      Desktop Device Browsers:
    • Chrome: (YES/NO) No
    • FireFox: (YES/NO) No
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO) No

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Your operating system and service pack ____

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____

Release 170 64bit built at 15:03:57 May 22 2014

• I second that. Had the a similar problem with my projects, and also with this sample capx. from the sample capx the character didn't appear to me, on my project a lot of elements didn't show when exported, but work fine on preview. So I had to roll back to 168.

I had this problem on Safari Mobile in an iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.

• Same problem, images on mobile preview didnt load, only tiled background (ipad 2 ios7)

• Same problem here...works fine on pc browser, missing all kinds of stuff on mobile.

• Same problem, on ipad3, iOS 7.1.1

• Yeah, completely busted for me too. I'm guessing this is also affecting my ability to use CocoonJS Webview+ for Android apps.

• Strange...but my projects run (Android+Sony Z1)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Strange...but my projects run (Android+Sony Z1)

Did you test it on the android native browser?

Without a wrapper? (cocoonjs, phonegap, etc..)

With R170?

• Yeahh the standard Chrome Browser. It's even way faster than cocoon on my mobile.

• Yeahh the standard Chrome Browser. It's even way faster than cocoon on my mobile.

Hmm,

I wonder if its an issue targeted towards specific devices since others seem to have the issue as well. Would you be able to upload the capx file you used?

• Closing as it appears fixed in the next build (direct export of your .capx here: http://www.scirra.com/labs/runnertest/, works in Chrome/Android and Safari/iOS 7.1). I haven't changed anything specifically for this but I think it was related to the spritesheet off-by-one bug in exporting, which probably threw off mobile browsers for some reason.

• Closing as it appears fixed in the next build (direct export of your .capx here: http://www.scirra.com/labs/runnertest/, works in Chrome/Android and Safari/iOS 7.1). I haven't changed anything specifically for this but I think it was related to the spritesheet off-by-one bug in exporting, which probably threw off mobile browsers for some reason.

Hey Ashley,

Its runnable now but there still seems to be an issue with the native browsers on some older devices where if you rotate the phone to portrait mode you get two screens of the same game running (a seperate canvas is placed directly above, its as if the exported file is running twice with two seperate canvas's). In landscape there's a portion in the front that's cut off. i can record a video testing the game on a mobile device if you'd like. This problem still appears on all my lower end android devices (on native browser only with Samsung S3,S2,galaxy nexus)).

The Construct 2 R168 didn't have these issues with older devices

• Ashley

One of the FGL members seems to have a solution. I think they'll contact you directly and if not then I'll forward you the link. I checked my email this morning and it seems I received a ton from scirra members asking what to do for publisher branding for games not being accepted due to this bug. I simply told them to downgrade to R168 until a solution comes by but it seems there's already a temporary fix.

• Thank goodness these issues are being fixed quickly. (as usually.... Your update and bug-fix speed is awesome Ashley )

-Mike

• retrodude - is that happening in Chrome for Android or the stock browser? The stock browser sucks really bad and it would not surprise me if that was a glitch in the browser itself. It doesn't sound like the kind of thing that we can easily work around.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)