[r184] gap between to sprites when exporting

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:40 pm

Problem Description
____ I have 2 sprites one next to the other, in preview it appears ok, when exporting to nodeweb or web there is a small 1-2 px gap between the sprites. ____

Attach a Capx
____ https://googledrive.com/host/0B3JLq-yXZ ... apBug.capx ____

Description of Capx
____ 2 sprites and scroll to mouse location.____

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (YES)
  • FireFox: (YES)
  • Internet Explorer: (YES)
  • Node WebKit: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack
____ Windows 7 sp1 ____

Construct 2 Version ID
____ r184 ____
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:59 pm

I Just noticed that if i change Downscaling to medium or low it works fine
And another thing i noticed is when i set it to high, besides the gap, the sprite image size is doubled when exported.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:49 pm

Closing as duplicate of https://www.scirra.com/forum/r184-nodewebkit-visual-bug-on-exported-exe_t117269. In this case you probably want to overlap the images by 1px, or just use medium quality downscaling (which is the default, why did you change it? Are you aware of the significant memory use limitations and the fairly narrow cases that it improves quality? Did you observe that this was important to your game?)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:27 am

Well, i use a lot of downscaling in my game and i always like to work on a project with all setting set to high level, Because,
A. quality is good :)
and B. So i'll know i am pushing the limit while i am optimizing the game, then if i need more power i can always using lower setting.

My game is targeted for PC/MAC/LINUX so there is enough power to go around and i didn't notice any droppage when switching to high quality downscale.

Anyways I'll switch back to medium.
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs