R190 - jerking on IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:50 am

Yes, template games jerks too. At this moment I am looking on Turbulenz HTML5 engine which support 2D/3D and is open source (free). Games created in this engine looks more smooth even when they have lots of objects, animations, collisions and music.
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:00 pm

@Ashley

Pshhh... I'm totally jerking ;) Jokes aside... with all of the experimenting I've been doing with Insanity's Blade, I'm finding that it might be other issues and not C2/ExporterTypeX.

I'm saying this because I took a Windows 7-32bit machine with a 460gtx - all drivers up to date - replaced it with a way more under powered card 8600gt and blam - game went from unplayable to occasionally jerky (probably old 5400rpm drive and crap ram).

Then on my lunch break yesterday, I downloaded our steam build on my work machine. This is probably an early i5 with a 450s. Clean install of windows a couple of months back. I use it for work/unity. I was expecting the game to run bad as It's a pretty bare bones work station. Nope - 60fps - not one little hitch. All drivers up to date. Game ran smoother than on my i7 with 16gb ram and an GTX860m.

Clean install machines seem to run games in Node Webkit no problem - I bet it I installed a fresh build of windows 7 on my older machine, the game would run without a hitch. The problem is finding what app/drivers are causing the hitching. The old machine does it every half second. But you don't really notice it due to all the action on the screen.

I'll keep messing around with different machines - and obviously I'm going to get hit with the "your game won't run on my 10+ year old dumpster find, you suck, give me back my money!!!" Mails like when we posted the Demo and early access on Desura. Maybe these findings can at least prove useful to make a FAQ about frame rate issues and drivers :)

Oh - We also made a batch file to launch the game with node-webkit commands, this is clearly helping the frame rate:
--disable-threaded-compositing --ignore-gpu-blacklist --enable-zero-copy --disable-application-cache

-Chris
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:36 am

@Ashley I have to say that I'm also experiencing major "jerking/lagging" since I updated from C2 184 to 191.

All my games have been running like a charm but now all of them are lagging when you play in chrome, firefox, IE11 and preview over WiFi. Every single method is jerking badly. And this ruins the whole game. Even the game templates included in C2 lags. So what can we do about this? I've tried to uninstall and install the older versions of C2 but the lagging remains.

I'm sitting on a monster computer running 64-bit so I know its not my computers specs that's causing this and all drivers are up to date. Can it have something to do with our 64-bit computers? Because it seems to run fine on 32-bit systems?

So please help us find a way to fix this so we can keep working on our projects in C2 :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:17 am

Thanks Anonnymitet for report. Jerking is serious problem and ruin game experience.
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:00 am

Ok, I've managed to get rid of all my jerking now by uninstalling Construct 2 R191 and backed up my plugin and behavior folder. I then deleted my whole C2 install directory. Then I downloaded and installed C2 R189 instead and added my old plugins and behaviors again and BOOM! No more lagging and jerking. Runs like a charm again.

So I'll stay at version 189 for a while now until I know the "jerk issues" has been tended to :P Because it is a real problem and it lags on both my 64-bit systems and makes C2 impossible to use :(

But this will do for now. Finally I can start my new project :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:02 am

@Unknow01 One question. Try to set your game in C2 to "Letterbox interger scale". Does it still look jerky when you try to play the game with this setting?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:48 am

> @Anonnymitet and @damainman, what is your preview performance like if you replace the C2 node files in the win32 folder with those from Node Version 0.10.5 - and then preview using nw? I only ask because my game is very poor when viewed using Chrome, but using the version of nw based on Chrome 35 (before Google broke it) everything is butter smooth. A light at the end of the browser development tunnel, I hope....
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Has there been any progress on this in the last month??

I thought I was going crazy. I have been working on a few big projects and then a while back I started getting jerking. I have been running circles trying to figure out whats wrong... when I started making smaller, very simple games (like here is a red square, move it around the screen with 8 direction behavior) I still get jerks every few seconds. Its just like the op described. Smooth, smooth, jerky, jerk, smooth...etc. The debugger still reports 60 fps at all times!

It has been a debug nightmare (except I did find a few bugs in my game that caused 1 frame lags, but nothing serious).
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:48 pm

@colludium how do I get c2 to use this older node webkit?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs