R190 - Weird UID bug

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Problem Description
I have a project which contains 3 layouts (Menu, Game_singleplayer, Game) and 2 events sheets (Menu_events, Game_events). I realised that there is no need to have 2 layouts for singleplayer and multiplayer (they were pretty much same) so I deleted one. I tryed if game has any bug but it was fine. Then I added one object in Game_singleplayer layout (after testing it looks like it doesn't matter which object it is) and tested game again. Now, the UID event doesn't work. https://www.dropbox.com/s/t98cnugt5853p ... 1.png?dl=0
When I delete this event, everything else works. The most suprised me that the bug appears only when you add object after deleting layout.

Attach a Capx
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0d1hbrrt1fcns ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx
I tryed to make smaller project that reproduce this bug but I failed so there is an original project. Events, where this bug is, are number 17 and 97. Attached Capx is a not bugged one. In a list below are steps to get this bug going. (some stuff is not in english, sorry about that)

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • Delete layout Game
  • Add for example object Text in the layout Game_Singleplayer

Observed Result
When you run game -> click on 1 Hráč (1 player) -> Click Q, W or E -> normally, some object would be spawned, but now it does nothing because event 97 won't came true. If you add some object when layout Game is not deleted it works normaly.

Expected Result
It should work fine. :D When you run game, click on 1 Hráč and then choose one unit that will be summoned with Q, W,E, it should spawn a unit and on other side of layout should be spawned unit as well.

Affected Browsers
  • I tryed it only in a preview not as exported project so far. And in preview I was testing it on IE.
  • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 8 64bit

Construct 2 Version ID
Release 190
Posts: 14
Reputation: 2,324

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Your example uses the Plugin Scmi by Brashmonkey. I don't have it so I can't test it, and I bet Ashley will say the same thing.
Posts: 907
Reputation: 41,720

Post » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Please provide a minimal .capx not using any third party plugins as per the bug report guidelines, and it's worth testing in r192 in case we already fixed it.
Scirra Founder
Posts: 25,295
Reputation: 200,974

Return to Closed bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest