[r192] Ajax for sub-event conditions

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • Problem Description

When using the Ajax object for a sub-event condition there is nothing to choose. There is just a white window.

[attachment=0:1tmn37kc][/attachment:1tmn37kc]

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Add an Ajax object to a project.
    • Attempt to select the Ajax object as a sub-event condition.
    • Observe the window that pops up.

Observed Result

There are no options to do anything with the Ajax object.

Expected Result

It appears that the conditions are all triggered so they cannot be in a sub-event. Maybe there could be some information explaining why there is nothing to choose or not have it as a possible selection as a condition for a sub-event.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 Pro with all current updates.

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 beta release r192

• Problem Description

When using the Ajax object for a sub-event condition there is nothing to choose. There is just a white window.

[attachment=0:3dvkcpoe][/attachment:3dvkcpoe]

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Add an Ajax object to a project.
    • Attempt to select the Ajax object as a sub-event condition.
    • Observe the window that pops up.

Observed Result

There are no options to do anything with the Ajax object.

Expected Result

It appears that the conditions are all triggered so they cannot be in a sub-event. Maybe there could be some information explaining why there is nothing to choose or not have it as a possible selection as a condition for a sub-event.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 Pro with all current updates.

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 beta release r192

Conditions for ajax are: on complete, on error, on progress. There is nothing to choose from, because "On start of Layout" runs once at the start of the layout, so the ajax conditions would not work because they need to be continuously checking its conditions. Thus the blank window you see appears. Change on start to "Every Tick" in the parent condition, and you will see something show.

Not a bug.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ahhhhh! So, you are saying thats why there are no choices if its in a function too? That makes sense. The example I had above was just for simplicity. I originally found this when I was messing with a function.

Thanks for the clarity

Anyhow, still would be nice to have something more informative instead of just a blank window.

Maybe darken the Ajax icon and make it inactive if there is nothing to select for a condition.

• Ahhhhh! So, you are saying thats why there are no choices if its in a function too? That makes sense. The example I had above was just for simplicity. I originally found this when I was messing with a function.

Thanks for the clarity

Anyhow, still would be nice to have something more informative instead of just a blank window.

Maybe darken the Ajax icon and make it inactive if there is nothing to select for a condition.

No problem!

I agree it should be grayed-out or something to that effect. 8)

• Closing as not a bug, it's by design you can't have two triggers in the same event, because it would be impossible for them to ever both fire at the same time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)