r197 - black/blank screen issue again?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Fill in the Blanks. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Hi. There was a problem with black screens not long ago but it was fixed (black-blank-screen-on-ios-safari-and-ie_t124081). But it seems it is back in r197 (or a different kind of the same issue)

I added a new layout after the loader layout with just 4 simple actions.

1. On Start of Layout: Play Audio

2. On Touch > Go to Layout Mainmenu

3. On Gamepad Button: Go to Layout Mainmenu (now the app knows there is a gamepad and shows gamepad buttons on the menu)

4. Stop Audio on 2 and 3.

But now several people and myself had a black screen with the music playing. After many (really many) reloads and clearing cache it sometimes works. But most times its just black.

You can test it here: http://escapists.bl4cksh33p.de

• I am not sure how to follow your 1,2,3,4 steps but what I did is to load the page on Firefox, Chrome and IE11 and I got the following results:

-On Firefox the game doesn't load, unless I hit reload page. After that everything works ok. BUT, if I reload again, I get a black screen. The music plays and if I click inside the black screen, the music stops but nothing else happen.

-On Chrome everything works fine.

-On IE I get exactly the thing as with Firefox...

I hope that helps in anyway.

• It works for me in Firefox 36.

• Is it possible that it is a problem with the Audio plugin again? All I changed/added was a new layout and audio.

It happens regularly on Chrome PC and Safari on iOS for me.

• Is it possible that it is a problem with the Audio plugin again? All I changed/added was a new layout and audio.

It happens regularly on Chrome PC and Safari on iOS for me.

Just file a bug report with a .capx that reproduces the problem, and Ashley will investigate the reasons of the problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I will try if I can reproduce it in a new project.

I opened the java console in Chrome and found this when the screen was black:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)