[r200] "Is Any/Tag Playing" doesn't function correctly

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Problem Description

When the rate of a sound is altered throughout the course of its playback, the "Is Any Playing" and "Is Tag Playing" conditions of the Audio object return incorrect results; either 'true' while playback has stopped, or 'false' while playback is still in progress.

Attach a Capx

http://parthdalal.com/PitchBug.capx

(it won't let me attach files to the post anymore)

Description of Capx

Click the 'Start Demonstration' button to play a sample with a continually changing playback rate. The text is supposed to reflect whether the audio is playing or not. You will observe that near the ending of the sound, the text will change at the incorrect time, either showing 'Not Playing' while its still playing, or 'Playing' after it has ended.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: Create an action that plays a sound.
    • Step 2: Follow with actions that change the sound's playback rate multiple times while it's playing (e.g high for a second, low for another).
    • Step 3: Create a condition that tests whether the sound is playing.
    • Step 4: Set a Text object to "Playing" when the sound is playing, and "Not Playing" when it isn't.

Observed Result

Text switches to "Not Playing" before the sound has completed, or it remains "Playing" even after the sound has completed.

Expected Result

Text should accurately reflect whether the sound is playing or not.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • Firefox: YES
    • All Others: Not Sure

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1

Construct 2 Version ID

r200.

• Should be fixed in the next build, thanks.

• Awesome! Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nice

• Similar problem here.

I stop the sound by clicking in a button, then when I click again to play the same sound, even if I use Trigger Once, the sound plays twice.

I think I'll have to use a auxiliar variable to make it work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)