[r210] Fade opacity bug

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:34 pm

Problem Description
Fade behaviour doesn't respect opacity settings during runtime.

Attach a Capx
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109921357/Fade%20bug/Fade_and_opacity_bug.capx

Description of Capx
Two sprites are placed on top of each other. The one on top have fade behaviour assigned.

At start of layout opacity for the blue square is set to 50%, but when the fade execute it goes to 100% opacity regardless of this.
However changing the opacity for the blue square in design mode, will make fade only go to 50% opacity.

Steps to Reproduce Bug
Change opacity to either 100% or 50% in design mode run the program.

Observed Result
Changing opacity during runtime doesn't work with fade behaviour only if it is done in design mode.

Expected Result
That it would be same regardless of where opacity is changed.

Affected Browsers
Tested with IE 10 and NW.js and its the same for both.

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7

Construct 2 Version ID
r210
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:51 pm

This is by design: because the fade behavior is active on startup, it retrieves the opacity to fade to when it is created, before 'On start of layout' triggers. After that it controls the object opacity, so your 'Set opacity' action is overridden.

The workaround ought to be to have the fade behavior inactive on start, and use the 'Start fade' action after the 'Set opacity' action. However I noticed this did not work, but fixed that for the next build.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Ashley wrote:This is by design: because the fade behavior is active on startup, it retrieves the opacity to fade to when it is created, before 'On start of layout' triggers. After that it controls the object opacity, so your 'Set opacity' action is overridden.

The workaround ought to be to have the fade behavior inactive on start, and use the 'Start fade' action after the 'Set opacity' action. However I noticed this did not work, but fixed that for the next build.

Cheers Ashley much appreciated
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:42 am

Ashley wrote:This is by design: because the fade behavior is active on startup, it retrieves the opacity to fade to when it is created, before 'On start of layout' triggers. After that it controls the object opacity, so your 'Set opacity' action is overridden.

I was making a game using fade-in and I used this as a feature that regardless of what opacity the sprite has the object will still fade-in to 100% opacity but after the update to r217 my object doesn't fade to a 100% from 25% anymore. It only fades-in from 0% to 25%. Is there a way to restore this feature? @Ashley?
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:03 am

@chadorireborn
chadorireborn wrote:

I was making a game using fade-in and I used this as a feature that regardless of what opacity the sprite has the object will still fade-in to 100% opacity but after the update to r217 my object doesn't fade to a 100% from 25% anymore. It only fades-in from 0% to 25%. Is there a way to restore this feature? @Ashley?

This is a closed bug report, and as the pinned header states, please don't post in this section.

If you think you have a bug, post a new topic in the Bugs section, making sure to follow ALL of the bug reporting requirements, if you wish it to be investigated by Ashley.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs