R213 problem with minifing scripts and running in Chrome

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:20 pm

same problem! I've made a big game and it doesn't work right but when I make something super small it will work fine.

SUPER ANNOYING!
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:09 am

Now I'm using:
- Construct 2 R212.2 x64
- Java 1.8.0_60 (JDK 8u60) x64
- Windows 10 Pro (10.0.10240) x64

And no problem at all!

But using Construct 2 R213 x64 is another history! :(
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:20 am

I thought I was going crazy. Thanks this is a bug and not a problem with my game.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:38 pm

Yeah this definitely needs to fixed.. I have a black screen as well when exporting as an Android App.. I'll be re-rolling back to 212.2 until this fixed..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:36 pm

I'm gonna sound like an ass but it's just not even funny, like, the stress we are having... in our case we recently released a game on iOS and got some good numbers, only to later realize there's somewhat infrequent but catastrophic audio problems (not a problem with the game)! We exported after 206 which had apparently had audio bugs or clashing with Safari in some way. Beta 213 should have fixed this but we still get the audio issues and now we're presented with a lovely black screen too...
As was suggested earlier in this thread, tried this:

- find function that starts like: C2AudioInstance.prototype.getDuration = function (applyPlaybackRate)
- change
let ret = 0;
to
var ret = 0;

Black screen is gone, game works (unminified of course), but still get audio issues 213 was apparently going to address...
We're very apprehensive to push a much needed update for the game just in case the problems get worse! Would have been great if we could have done that while we were riding on the wave of downloads we were having...

We are so behind!

ahh!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:57 pm

Same issue for me. Just leave this here to get notifyed when its updated :)

win 8.1 latest construct. Blackscreen in chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:38 pm

Had the same problem with 213, would not minify, then when I exported a game update to the scirra arcade, it only worked in Edge(ie), I had Java 8 update 60, win 10 64bit, I had to revert back to 212.2, to get it all working again.
Bushy Ball\Boatman Bill\Sticky Web\Snake

Image ImageImageImage

During the gold rush it was a good time to be in the pick and shovel business
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:46 pm

I change the function in the index.js file

to C2AudioInstance.prototype.getDuration = function ()
{
switch (this.myapi) {
case API_HTML5:
if (typeof this.instanceObject.duration !== "undefined")
return this.instanceObject.duration;
else
return 0;

this should do it
it did it for me

Good luck
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:50 am

We reverted to r200 and the game is working FINE on iOS! Absolutely no audio issues (yet) and no black screen either, and scripts minify fine. Would suggest if you don't have any dependencies on later Construct versions (like the new Local Storage or whatever else has been added), then you should be fine to revert...
It's probably not recommended to do so but you can change your project's version number by saving your project as files (not as single CAPX file). Open the .caproj in Notepad and near the top find:

<saved-with-version>VERSION NUMBER</saved-with-version>

and replace the number with your desired version number followed by two zeros.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:07 pm

stachir wrote:As I wrote before, You can try that:

- go to generated/exported not-minified project folder and find c2runtime.js file
- find function that starts like: C2AudioInstance.prototype.getDuration = function (applyPlaybackRate)
- change
let ret = 0;
to
var ret = 0;

For me, that worked , and as You saw - yes, it's because of Audio update ;) ( as expected from update post - https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases/r213 ... ;p trololololo )

You can also downgrade C2 to 211.2, here all works, but you also need project with that version.

(If you are wonder, audio duration function was rebuild from R211 to R213 and disposed from multiple "return" instructions for one instead.)

The other two errors:
Uncaught ReferenceError: cr_createRuntime is not defined
Uncaught ReferenceError: cr_sizeCanvas is not defined

are caused by the first one, so they will gone after modification that I wrote above.

Hey thanks for the fix. I was getting a blank screen in XDK and I tried to debug the code in ForeFox. But it didnt occur to me to change LET to VAR :D

Now atleast I see the loading screen on the Intel XDK Emulator. I think there is still some issue, the progress bar wont move past 25-30%. Its stuck!

I wonder if I can install the previous version Copy the Audio Plugin folder. Then reinstall R213 and replace the files from R212.2?
I think that should work , rather that miss the other important fixes in this version :)
What do you say?
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs