[r238] Windows Store target export is outdated

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Aim carefully a shoot the ball at the target to earn scores!
  • Problem Description

The "Windows Store" export is exporting a solution with version number 10.0.10240.0 which is outdated

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Load any project
    • Export to Windows Store
    • Load the solution on Visual Studio (tested with preview 5)
    • Press the "play" button to test the build

Observed Result

Solution can't compile due to this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VS15Preview\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v15.0\JavaScript\Microsoft.VisualStudio.JavaScript.UAP.targets(82,3): error : "10.0.10240.0" is not a supported value for TargetPlatformVersion. Please change it on the Project Property page.[/code:3no6kbn1]

[b]Expected Result[/b]
    Solution compiles.

[b]Operating System and Service Pack[/b]
    Windows 10 x64

[b]Construct 2 Version ID[/b]
    r238
  • I could update this, but then it will just go out of date the next time the SDK updates, and could also break it for anyone who is intentionally targeting build 10240+ for maximum Windows 10 coverage. So I don't think there's any right build number we could choose.

All you need to do is open project settings and choose one of the supported build numbers from the dropdown, so I think it would be better just to document that instead of playing cat and mouse with build numbers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley no, no. There are two targets, MinTarget and ... eh, the other "Target" (can't recall exactly right now). I have an app uploaded and working in the Store and the recommended settings are left blank, which means it will work in both 10240 and 14393: http://i.imgur.com/rOhhYNh.png

I used 10240 as MinTarget and 14393 for the other Target.

And yes, you will have to update the SDK target version for every major release, but that will happen only twice a year (next one is Redstone 2, with will appear on March 2017, current one was Anniversary Update) Is that too much?

You just updated Cordova to correctly target iOS, why don't you update this one too? I see no reason not to.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)