R240 64-bits Minifying issue

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • Problem Description

____ A concise description of your problem here ____

When doing an export of the Space Blaster example, C2 raises an error indicating it can't find the minifier, despite Java being installed and all working in R239 (I tried downgrading with the same configuration and minifying worked).

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Space Blaster example provided with Construct 2

Description of Capx

____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

A magnificient shoot 'em up example.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Open the Space Blaster example from the startup page in R240.
    • Step 2 File menu => Export project => HTML5 Website => Normal style
    • Step 3 Notice how an error dialog pops up during the export process (towards the end) indicating :

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

An error dialog pops up indicating it can't find the minifier (2), whereas the same installed minifier works in r239.

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____

The project to export as intended and be minified without issue.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: NO
    • FireFox: NO
    • Internet Explorer: NO

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Your operating system and service pack ____

Windows 7 Pro Sp1

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____

R240 (Bug) /R239 (for comparison purpose)

Note :

This was initially reported by another user in support who encounters the same issue on Windows 10.

It happens also on my end so I'm making the report.

• This is very weird - we didn't touch any of the code around this for r240. So it ought to be identical code for this in both r239 and r240...

• Just exported the first empty project template, and there were no issues.

I think its Space Blaster.

Did minification even exist when it was made?

• Been using the same example email form downloaded from the scirra website for a while now with no issues: (armaldio's "Send emails") plugin. Recently updated to r240 and when I export as HTML5 website I now get the exact same HTML5 exporter message appear "Unable to run the script minifier (2)".

I have tried on 2 different windows PC's ( windows 8 and windows 10).

I Have re-installed Java (well my IT support did at least).

Is there anything I can do to stop this messge appearing? It says thta the exported project "should" still work, however im uncertain if it is or not.

Many thanks

Dan

• Just done a test using the "flaping bird" example and it does the exact same thing.

• Hmm, error code 2 is ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (The system cannot find the file specified). Is it actually exporting a JS file?

Does it work again if you immediately go back to r239 and try again? If not it could be a Java update that broke it.

If the minifier doesn't run, you should simply be left with an unminified JS file, and everything should still work fine.

• Hmm, error code 2 is ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (The system cannot find the file specified). Is it actually exporting a JS file?

Does it work again if you immediately go back to r239 and try again? If not it could be a Java update that broke it.

If the minifier doesn't run, you should simply be left with an unminified JS file, and everything should still work fine.

I can confirm that on my end the new version of Java is at fault, I just installed v8 (111) and now it's also broken for me.

I did manually re-install both 32 and 64 bit versions with the same result.

My guess is that they might have changed the paths to certain files in the latest version.

If there is a way to manually set the path I would test it out if requested.

• Does it work again if you immediately go back to r239 and try again?

As mentioned in my report, I did downgrade from r240 to r239 and exported the Space Blaster example without minifying issues (and so without touching the installed version on my computer).

From this, uninstalling again r239 and installing r240, the minifier issue comes back.

As for the Java version I am having installed on my computer :

* Java 8 Update 31

* Java SE Development Kit 8 update 5 (64-bit)

According to my software panel. I haven't updated those in a while, perhaps I should.

On the other hand, it goes against the report about the new Java version having an issue, since the "same old version" works fine with r239.

• I also can confirm that the capx used seems to have an influence on the issue.

I've just managed to export and minify the "Car behavior" example without problem (in r240 and r239) as Scirra arcade and as HTML5 website.

This issue is making less and less sense

• same problem here in r239 and r240, i've tried to reinstall java etc etc... but nothing. In my system (Win 10 64bit) the issue is pretty random: in the most of cases i've to try an export 2/3 times before he goes. I've noticed that this workaround can be applied:

• delete any previuous export folder
    • change one time the option about images compression and set it to None, then to Normal
    • try to export
  • pinellos - so you can confirm you've had this happen in r239? That would appear to suggest that the change was with Java rather than C2 (which actually would make sense given we didn't change anything related to this in r240)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • YES i confirm that this issue had happen in r.239, in my particular case AFTER a windows update (i don't know if it contains some things about java or similar).

• I have the same problem as KYATRIC. R239 successfully exports minified, R240 cannot export minified. I have tried a few versions of Java and this was consistent behaviour. I have now reinstalled 8.31 as there were some suspicions about it's compatibility with minify (W10 64 bit).

• W10 64. minified error about java. Java x64 Installed SDK and JDK. Export is wrong

• Windows 10 Java 64 bits and export is giving error too. Was working fine in R234.

Java 8 Update 111

C2 R240

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)