[R240] Overlapping issue

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Problem Description

I was trying to reproduce a collision check for this topic (viewtopic.php?f=151&t=184942), when I discovered this possible issue.

The Pick Overlapping Point is not working in some circunstancies. This is a very simplified version of my sample file.

When the player is bellow the last platform and jump, he will fall through it, not triggering the event, also, it happen on the higher platform of the middle region when you're over the middle platform and trying to jump over the higher one.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/470 ... point.capx

Description of Capx

The Ground object is a solid object, disabled when the player is not touching it with his bottom point and enabled when he is touching it.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Jump trying to reach the top of one platform;
    • Walk and try another platforms;

Observed Result

Observe some platforms in some circunstancies not triggering the event properly;

Expected Result

Always when the player is overlapping the platform with his point 1 should trigger the event to turn the platform a solid, but i'ts not happening;

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (N/A)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 fully updated

Construct 2 Version ID

R240

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i encountered something similar also, but i downgraded to r239 so is not i think related? or it is?

• I'm not sure exactly what you're reporting here. When you say "not triggering the event properly", which of the 11 events are you referring to? What exactly are you expecting to happen and what do you observe instead?

• Ashley, you can move it to non-bugs. We where trying to check if the Player was overlapping a platform using the "pick object by overlapping point" for a custom and specific platform behavior, but the point being checked was set only 1 pixel bellow the player, so, increasing it solved the problem. This is the type of thing we didn't figured out in the first try.

Thank you for tanking time to check it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)