[r58] Installation problem

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:43 pm

When I installed the new 64bit version into the "program files/construct 2" folder, it erased my 64bit version which is located on my flash drive. 32bit version, which is also placed on the flash, stayed intact.
Than I tried to install 64bit version to the flash, and it erased the program from the hdd. Again, I installed 64bit version to the hdd, it erased flash drive 64bit version. And just to test it, I installed 32bit version to the flash, and even this deleted the 64bit version from the hdd!
In every case I clicked "Yes" to
-Construct 2 appears to be installed on this computer. Do you want Setup to uninstall the old version? - but I think that shouldn't affect version in a different folder.

-I forgot, it also erased Kyatric's pathfinder plugin
Noga2011-09-26 21:47:10
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:52 pm

[QUOTE=Noga]In every case I clicked "Yes" to
-Construct 2 appears to be installed on this computer. Do you want Setup to uninstall the old version? - but I think that shouldn't affect version in a different folder.
[/quote]

Actually I think it does make sense that it affects the version in a different folder, since, apparently, it is this version referred to as "installed on this computer".
Have you tried to force an install and answering "no" to this question ?
It probably will work.

[QUOTE=Noga]
-I forgot, it also erased Kyatric's pathfinder plugin
[/QUOTE]
The pathfinder behavior is not (yet) a part of the official package. You still have to go and grab it from its topic for now.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Kyatric is right, if you install even to a USB stick, the installer will think you've already got it installed (it doesn't know it's a USB stick). So it will offer to uninstall the old one. This is so people upgrading from say r57 to r58 have a one-click way to uninstall the old release, then do a fresh install of the new release. However, if you're installing twice (first to a USB stick, then to your PC), you definitely don't want to uninstall the old one! That's why the prompt is there, for you to click 'no'.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:38 pm

In r57 and below - clicking "Yes", it uninstalled the old version from the folder I installed to and also kept version on the hdd/flash drive intact. That's what got me confused, I was used to click uninstall.
In r58 - it works as you're saying. Thank you for the new installing option.

-I just checked it with older versions and it works as you say, of course. I must've been drunk every time I installed C2 Noga2011-09-27 00:28:02
ImageImage
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs